PDA

View Full Version : A26 Still Wont Taxi

Tom Burnside
December 27th, 2012, 14:14
I got a pair of pedals for christmas and tryed them out on the a26. They work on every other aircraft but the invader. Can anybody help me.

WarHorse47
December 27th, 2012, 14:39
I got a pair of pedals for christmas and tryed them out on the a26. They work on every other aircraft but the invader. Can anybody help me.If the pedals do not turn the aircraft during taxi, its because the A-26 uses differential braking for taxing - which means you must use the left pedal AND brake to turn left.

If that is what you're experiencing, the solution lies within the aircraft.cfg. Make a copy, then open it in notepad and look for the section for [contact_points]. You will see where the SOH team provided an alternative entry for the first contact point (point.0=) which is the nose wheel.

You can take it from here.
:ernae:
--WH

Tom Burnside
December 27th, 2012, 16:05
Thank you ill try it tomorrow.

fliger747
December 27th, 2012, 17:30
No WWII aircraft to my knowledge had nose wheel steering. A Vietnam era conversion of the A26 did have this added, with pedals you will find that differential braking at low speed and rudder at high speed will give both realistic and nice handling on the ground. for the twistie stick crowd, the cfg is set up with differential braking, braking is proportional to its application and rudder deflection.

T

Tom Clayton
December 27th, 2012, 20:09
If you open the aircraft.cfg with Notepad, you'll see instructions in the [contact_points] section on how to swap in a different contact point for the nosewheel. If you compare the two lines, you'll see that the eighth parameter in the original is 180, while the substitute line changes that number to 40. That is the steering angle of the contact point. 180° is actually a flag to enable free castering. If you set a steering angle to 0 (zero), you will have a rigid wheel with no steering at all. Anything between those numbers will give you positive steering control, but I wouldn't advise going past about 60°, or you'll end up with some pretty erratic steering. If you're good with Trigonometry, you can actually work out the angle that will let you pivot on one main. On the A-26, that angle is 55°.