PDA

View Full Version : My Xmas gift: Giuli's Ki64 Rob

peperez
December 25th, 2012, 09:13
It's a twin engined Hien on steroids. Deadly and fast! I hope you enjoy it!

Cheers

Pepe77816

Allen
December 25th, 2012, 11:15
I bet it climbs like a bat out of hell like my "Hellhound" dose. Granted I'm using the later DB 605D around 1800 HP while the Ki-64 is using the older 1050ish HP DB 605A.

MaskRider
December 25th, 2012, 13:13
Thanks very much, peperez. :santahat:

Shoots up ground targets pretty nicely too- except you need to draw a bead on them quickly or they've come and gone!

MR

Jagdflieger
December 25th, 2012, 14:32
Thanks Pepe! She ought to add some excitement to those "what if" 1946 B-29 interceptions.

Allen
December 25th, 2012, 16:25
I would like to report some bugs. PC is XP SP2.

Going to from windowed mode to full screen causes lock up, full screen to windowed mode as well. Also had CTD when I tried to select the aircraft from the menu.

VC gun site is missing transparency alpha channel. 2D panel is missing render_3d_window=1 key. This cause major lag when you try to look out the aircraft. 2D panel is 1024x768 only. This is know to cause lock ups on Win7 PCs. However the lack of render_3d_window=1 in the panel.cfg may let 1024x768 only panels work on Win7. I will test and see...

I can fix the VC gun site and panel but ALT+Enter lockups and CTD I can't do a lick about....

kwb737
December 26th, 2012, 13:49
I have a windows 7 system and I haven't had the problems Allen was talking about.

Allen
December 26th, 2012, 14:23
Did Win 7 test. VC gun site is missing transparency alpha channel. 2D panel only being 1024x768 will work on Win 7 since render_3d_window=1 is not used in panel.cfg. Lag when looking out to the one of the wings cause lag on Win 7 still as it did on XP.

Going to from windowed mode to full screen/full screen to windowed mode dose work but there is a lag time v.s. doing so with a stock aircraft. This lock up on XP and lag time on Win7 may have to do with the game having to load so many texture for the Ki-64. The texture folder has 72 files in it. This maybe more then my XP can take.

The CTD when I tried to select the aircraft from the menu is random. Also possable related to the game having to load so many textures...

peperez
January 14th, 2013, 15:46
Did Win 7 test. VC gun site is missing transparency alpha channel. 2D panel only being 1024x768 will work on Win 7 since render_3d_window=1 is not used in panel.cfg. Lag when looking out to the one of the wings cause lag on Win 7 still as it did on XP.

Going to from windowed mode to full screen/full screen to windowed mode dose work but there is a lag time v.s. doing so with a stock aircraft. This lock up on XP and lag time on Win7 may have to do with the game having to load so many texture for the Ki-64. The texture folder has 72 files in it. This maybe more then my XP can take.

The CTD when I tried to select the aircraft from the menu is random. Also possible related to the game having to load so many textures...

I tested the plane in XP SP3 with no problems. I fixed the VC gunsight and modified the aircraft.cfg to get a more aggressive posture. I'll upload the fixes soon.

Cheers

Pepe