PDA

View Full Version : problem with air files.

scruff
January 5th, 2009, 09:57
every aircraft i download has a damaged airfile.why is this and how can i fix problem?

Dirtman
January 5th, 2009, 10:16
Yo scruff;

.air or Aircraft.cfg?

How do you know the files are damaged?

In what way are they damaged?

Are you using a "hangar"? (over the 100 plane limit / multi-theater)

Have you added any new programs? (anti-virus / anti-spyware / cleaner app. / Microsoft Office; etc.)

:Banane35:

scruff
January 5th, 2009, 10:26
the file looks like a tombstone and says air on it.when i go to open it a messages says the file is damaged or corrupted and i should get a new one whoever.my mrs did clean up the hard drive.

Dirtman
January 5th, 2009, 10:40
Does it look like this?:

70064 - this is normal & OK

Could you open one for one of the planes, copy & paste (or just upload) it here so we can see what has changed in it?

scruff
January 5th, 2009, 10:46
yeah man,thats it.would send if i knew how,bud.

Desert Rat
January 5th, 2009, 10:50
Probably fine. Have you recently installed an update to Adobe Acrobat? It uses the *.air extension also and steals the file assosiation from aired. So when you double click it, Acrobat is trying to open it and can't, hence the corrupt message. All you need to do is repair the file assosiation to Aired, and all should be fine. Failing that, open aired and browse to the file manually.

Jamie

Dirtman
January 5th, 2009, 10:51
:banghead:

Could you email me a corrupted air file?

Do the planes with corrupted files fly?

I think Mr.Tinballs is right

scruff
January 5th, 2009, 11:03
its the installer package that say air and i cant open it.the planes fly but not in mission builder.a message says initialization failed,for the plane i wish to use.

Desert Rat
January 5th, 2009, 11:17
I'm lost a bit.

an air file is not an installer or executable file. If the plane is already in your aircraft folder and the air file is present, it's already installed, no need to launch the airfile unless you want to edit it.

Sounds like you've got other problems other than airfile woes.

How many planes do you have installed?

Is it just one plane that causes this with Mission Builder? if so which one?

Jamie

Dirtman
January 5th, 2009, 11:18
Look familiar?

scruff
January 5th, 2009, 15:24
my mistake.it was the installer package,but it had a logo that looked like a tombstone that had air written on it.i cant open it,and when i try im told that the air file is damaged.ive got about 60 planes,most do load but a few wont,and all have the tombstone.does that make any sense?i really am ****e with computers.i should stick to beer and babes.