PDA

View Full Version : The Smell of Christmas....

rdaniell
December 24th, 2012, 05:01
...I don't know what it's like around any of your homes but, it sure smells great here at my house. My wife and her mom are busy preparing a "feast" for tomorrow. All of my small extended family will be here tomorrow.:applause:

Merry Christmas to all....:santahat:

RD

Timber
December 24th, 2012, 06:34
Back to you RD and everyone else. Have a Merry Christmas:applause::applause:

beana51
December 24th, 2012, 08:18
Yes Of Course "MOMS" Kitchen....Christmas,Thanks given,Easter .or any other great day...The Heavenly Aromas,The Assault on taste Buds..The Feelings of contentment.....All this belies the amount of work involved...From early morning,till late at night!!...My Mom is Gone a long,long, time now,..She had no Daughters to carry on..But She had three sons,who in her memory and long,long tradition continue to emulate her legacy of her great kitchen...I spent hours Again,to in a feeble way try to recapture her Magic.....I know she woud approve......I listen with thirsty ear for her laughter,joy,Words of love for all.....As I have a large family...Her impact on me is an ongoing thing transferred to these new ones popping up all over the place!..The Next generations!!.My two Great GrandSons are today feeling this...Lets All Go and Thank Mom for another Great Christmas!!

Tiny Tim is known for the statement,"GOD BLESS US,EVERY ONE"..And that still applies today!.....

.........."MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL"......Vin!

Odie
December 24th, 2012, 13:41
Nothing says Christmas like the smell of a Honey-baked Ham....picked ours up this morning and had to ride all the way home with the truck cab filled with that aroma....(insert Homer Simpson drool here)....

Dain Arns
December 24th, 2012, 16:07
I miss those Holiday smells...
Clean crisp air of Montana.
The dinner, the baking, as mentioned.
The fire stove as you toss in another stick of Larch you just split out in the wood shed.
The freshly cut tree and how wonderful the aroma of a pine tree filled the house.
All those things I'll never get to smell again unfortunately. :santahat:

This year I get to smell the inside of a government office building while I work for the Holidays. :isadizzy:
(Then again I am getting Holiday pay which sorta smells sweet come paycheck time) :icon_lol: