PDA

View Full Version : INSTALLATION OF MAW IN WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

garykidman
December 14th, 2012, 06:38
I Was intrested in the thread about the installation of the Medditrranean Air war and wanted to know the procedure for installing it on windows 7 I have jus bought the Acer Predator Gaming Machine as there were a few left even though I still have my little Acer which has been a fantastic machine but I'm looking to the future where it will eventually head for those computers in heaven. I am staying well clear of windows eight as I know that cfs3 will definately not install.

Your feedback on this will be most grateful.

Gary

garykidman@hotmail.co.uk

hairyspin
December 14th, 2012, 11:05
You need a vanilla CFS3.1a (fully patched CFS3) first. Just let CFS3 install to default location in Win7 64-bit and then apply the updates from MS. Then turn off the UAC and let the MAW installer do its stuff. When MultiCFS3 pops up, the folder name must be CFS3 Mediterranean Air War.

That's it. Worked for me anyway, I've been using 64-bit Win7 since it was released.

One other thing, when first running MAW it will take a while for the program to create all the run-time .bdp files. Be patient!

garykidman
December 15th, 2012, 05:24
Many thanks for your quick reply and instructions on Installing MAW
Hope you have a good Christmas.
Gary

MajorMagee
December 18th, 2012, 08:03
Back in Windows XP the installer would place some key files (like uisel, joystick.xca etc.) in Application Data / Microsoft / Combat Flight Simulator 3.0

I've look all over for them in Win 7, and can only find the basic CFS3 Campaign/MIssions/QuickCom folders in My Documents. Any idea where the other files went?

rocketred
December 18th, 2012, 09:21
i have win7 plus , the files in two spots in mine

campign stuff etc,,,,documents libary

the app... stuff

all in

open computer , open it and search for users ,,,then open

C:\Users\joshua\AppData\LocalLow

its all there ......

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

MajorMagee
December 18th, 2012, 09:32
Strange, I don't have anything there on my install. I've checked and I do have view hidden files and folders turned on so that's not it.

I don't know how it could even run without being able to find those files, but it seems to, so they must be there, but they're not (???).

rocketred
December 18th, 2012, 10:21
ok...if i can call you im better at talking through or you call me .....send you pm through soh ,

MajorMagee
December 18th, 2012, 11:05
I typed %appdata%\microsoft in an Explorer address bar and there they were (under roaming), but under not other circumstances could I get them to show up.

italflyer
December 18th, 2012, 11:27
they are hidden. Check "show hidden files" in the folder options.

But typing %appdate% in the adressbar might be faster.

MajorMagee
December 18th, 2012, 14:59
I did have show hidden files checked already...