PDA

View Full Version : London Blitz

mike_cyul
December 7th, 2012, 11:45
Something I haven't seen before: a record of just about every bomb that fell on London during the Blitz, between October 7, 1940 and June 6, 1941. Some 28,325 bombs altogether, over the 9 months. If you zoom in, there's even a description of each bomb. Quite the project.

http://bombsight.org/#10/51.5002/-0.0934

Mike

joe bob
December 7th, 2012, 21:33
That is fascinating. I don't get any information when I click on a dot(bomb)
It would be interesting to see unexploded bombs mapped as well.

mike_cyul
December 7th, 2012, 22:11
That is fascinating. I don't get any information when I click on a dot(bomb)
It would be interesting to see unexploded bombs mapped as well.

You need to zoom in, until the dot turns into a bomb, and then you can click for info. :)

Daveroo
December 8th, 2012, 09:10
i played with it myself....i zoomed in to street level (after selecting a certin bomb point) and it just disappeared,and the "bar" on the bottom left just kept "scrolling" like the windows eggtimer thing used spin?...i lift it for over an hour and it never showed me anything...BUT i shall persist...that looks pretty cool to me...looks like hours of searching

joe bob
December 8th, 2012, 10:23
Yes that is what I get as well Dave, it does not zoom past the dot phase. Still a remarkable look at history.

mike_cyul
December 8th, 2012, 12:26
Yes that is what I get as well Dave, it does not zoom past the dot phase. Still a remarkable look at history.

Just to be sure: you're using the little vertical +- slider at left?

luckydog
December 8th, 2012, 12:26
works fine for me....

Collin
December 8th, 2012, 12:41
I'm just waiting for the UXB's map to be published and then sit back and watch the rush.:icon_lol:

Collin:ernae: