PDA

View Full Version : Operation Iceberg

Talon
January 4th, 2009, 18:12
I haven't commited to it but I'm thinking about it.I looked at the old campaign and it should be upgraded.We have all new planes and ships to use now.I have info on what Japanese ships were attacked and where and what USN ships were hit by Kamikaze planes.I also have the info of each USN TG in TF 58 and what each TG did during the campaign.If I do this it may be 50 to 75 missions so it will take awhile.Also it will only be from the USN side.

Talon

olaf1924
January 4th, 2009, 20:39
Sounds great to me Talon.

miamieagle
January 4th, 2009, 20:47
Only the USN. Thats fine with me!:amen:

Bill Kestell
January 4th, 2009, 20:50
Al ... whatever you put together is always a welcome addition ... looking forward to this one!

Billl:friday:

Pen32Win
January 4th, 2009, 22:46
That was one of my favorite old campaigns. It will be great to see you put a fresh face on it. Good Luck and Good Hunting!!!:ernae:

Talon
January 5th, 2009, 09:51
Only the USN. Thats fine with me!:amen:

As if it matters if it's fine with you or not.

Pen You know I'm going to have some questions for you about the Kamikazes,LOL.It's been a long tine since I've had the AF=Kamikaze pack.

Talon

Dirtman
January 5th, 2009, 10:25
Yo Talon;

Sounds good to me Bro; yer stuff is always "Top Shelf" (I just luv Carrier War)

Would also be cool to be flying around & see kamikaze's nailing some ships - for added realism.

Iceberg is a great campaign, flown it many times .....

Go for it! Sink yer claws in ta her!!!

.... 70063

Pen32Win
January 5th, 2009, 12:23
As if it matters if it's fine with you or not.

Pen You know I'm going to have some questions for you about the Kamikazes,LOL.It's been a long tine since I've had the AF=Kamikaze pack.

Talon

No Problem Talon. Just let me know when you're ready to have at them.

Talon
January 5th, 2009, 18:24
Well from the research I've been doing there will be some attacks on Japanese convoys.I'll probably do a mission for each USN carrier TG depending on what they did that particular day.I've found most of the Japanese airbases I'll need.The big decision is which planes to use in some of the missions.There's a pretty good selection out there.As usual you will be flying different planes in the missions Hellcats for fleet defense,Hellacats,Avengers and Helldivers for airfield,Harbor and anti-shipping.
Oh yes there will be Kamikaze attacks.

Talon

Dirtman
January 6th, 2009, 05:50
Well from the research I've been doing there will be some attacks on Japanese convoys.I'll probably do a mission for each USN carrier TG depending on what they did that particular day.I've found most of the Japanese airbases I'll need.The big decision is which planes to use in some of the missions.There's a pretty good selection out there.As usual you will be flying different planes in the missions Hellcats for fleet defense,Hellacats,Avengers and Helldivers for airfield,Harbor and anti-shipping.
Oh yes there will be Kamikaze attacks.

Talon

Yo Talon;

EXCELLENT concept Sir!!!

This is one of the things I like best about Carrier War. Flying a mission in different planes in different squadrons. This greatly expands the players perspective of entire battle.

I have been toying with the possibility of incorporating this idea into some of the V-4-CFS2 campaigns .... I hope you don't mind?

miamieagle
January 6th, 2009, 06:12
Dirtman I do not mind at all. Thats the way I like to fly. I like to experience the whole campaign from different perpective even from the enemy point of view if possible.

This is just my opinion!

Remember this is all up to you!

Talon
January 7th, 2009, 13:24
If possible I'm going to try and make a few more planes for Kamikaze attacks.I think a variety would make things more interesting and immersive.

I've already started 1 of of the Harbor attacks on Japanese warships using Usio's ships and was a little surprised how smoothly the mission was,no stutters.At least 6 ships were left smoking.

Talon

Jagdflieger
January 7th, 2009, 13:41
I dug out the old AF=Midway Kamikazi pack and had a bit of fun with it last night.

Tonight when I finish up work, I'm going to change the aircraft type in the DP file of the Zero from catagory 10 (fighter bomber) to 3 (divebomber). I think that might give them more of a straight in approch and dive. They perform fine as it is, but it'll be fun to compare the two settings.

Talon
January 7th, 2009, 16:24
3/19/45

The Harbor attack.

Talon