PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE!!!! ORBX

skyhawka4m
December 1st, 2012, 19:42
Please place a tower spot at this point in your england scenery when you do this area!!! A spot I want to visit some day.! And what I would do for a sound package like this one.,.......wow!

http://youtu.be/4gQz-5HclDo

Naismith
December 1st, 2012, 23:31
Is this Welsh farmhouse modelled :)

airattackimages
December 2nd, 2012, 01:55
Tornadoes always sound amazing it seems. Just something about that powerplant... Anyone know what it is that makes it sound so distinctive?

snow_white
December 2nd, 2012, 02:41
you dont need a "tower" to be added at that point, just add a camera point there yourself..

T6flyer
December 2nd, 2012, 03:09
I believe that Wales is the next country to be developed after England by Orbx, so hopefully the Loop will be included within. As to the hut, I'm not quite sure!!!

We have someone in our local area that has painted a RAF roundel on the top of their shed and LIKES up flying over!

Cheers,

Martin

TeaSea
December 2nd, 2012, 06:17
I'm really enjoying the English scenery so I'm really looking forward to Wales also.

The great thing about the English countryside is that you can never see it because the weather absolutely sucks! :jump: I fly real world weather so it's always interesting to see just how bad it's going to be the next time I run it up.

Thought you Brits would appreciate that.

jetstreamsky
December 2nd, 2012, 06:24
Down low, with the cloud base skimming the canopy is the best way to experience it.

Biggles
December 2nd, 2012, 12:45
Is this Welsh farmhouse modelled :)

That farmer never did get over me visiting his daughter!

T6flyer
December 2nd, 2012, 12:51
I'm really enjoying the English scenery so I'm really looking forward to Wales also.

The great thing about the English countryside is that you can never see it because the weather absolutely sucks! :jump: I fly real world weather so it's always interesting to see just how bad it's going to be the next time I run it up.

Thought you Brits would appreciate that.

I've yet to sample the ORBX England scenery as am awaiting the arrival of the DVD version just before Christmas (I hope), but am very interested to know that you fly over here using real weather, as frankly I wouldn't do it myself. Normally I manage about 60 hours a year flying, but as the weather has been so terrible this year to date have only managed 25, with no flying at all in August and November.

I take my hat off to you.

Best wishes,

Martin

ryanbatc
December 2nd, 2012, 13:06
That's cool! I've seen photos from that spot on Anet... Is that a VR route of some kind?

SkippyBing
December 2nd, 2012, 13:21
That's cool! I've seen photos from that spot on Anet... Is that a VR route of some kind?

It's basically a natural funnel feature when flying at low level in that area, which itself is fairly busy for low flying. The UK doesn't have specific routes for low flying as such, however busy areas, such as the Mach* loop have flow arrows marked on the chart to avoid aircraft flying towards each other down a narrow valley.

*Nothing to do with the speed of sound, the nearest village is called Machynlleth which no sane person can pronounce.

PrivateCustard
December 2nd, 2012, 13:33

The Loop is part of LFA7.

It's a beautiful area. I was lucky enough to photograph Tornados, Typhoons, Hawks, Harriers and F-15's during my visit a few years back. Some days you'll get loads of passes, other days a handful (or none).

Worth a visit if you ever feel like climbing up a steep valley side and sitting on a rock for a few days, awaiting that rumble in the distance to get closer....and closer!

I was at the Bwlch, but I'd like to do Cad West next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPgvld0rr0A

airphotos
December 2nd, 2012, 13:41
Hi, this too is one my favourite routes and spend many hours here both in FSX and for real...

FSX:

In reality:

ryanbatc
December 2nd, 2012, 14:34
Cool!

Geomitrak
December 2nd, 2012, 14:55
The famed Mach Loop in Wales ! You should see the C-130s go through there.

Chris Sykes
December 3rd, 2012, 00:20
hopefully this might help! I have this and it gives you some nice views!

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/9070/fsx-acc-mspg-sceneries-mach-loop-scenery/