PDA

View Full Version : KFC - Inflight Fast Food Birdstrike?

srgalahad
November 28th, 2012, 18:14
KFC is taking airplane food to a whole new level, pairing with Japan Airlines to serve its fast-food chicken on holiday flights between Tokyo and eight U.S. and European destinations.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-50b6389b/turbine/la-fi-mo-KFC-Japan-Airlines-20121128-001/600

The so-called Air Kentucky trays will be served during the second mealtime in the premium-economy and economy-class sections of planes bound for Los Angeles, San Diego, New York, Boston, Chicago, London, Paris and Frankfurt.

Full article:
http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-kfc-japan-airlines-20121128,0,1501648.story

I am now going to closely inspect ANY inflight menu that comes my way!

brad kaste
November 28th, 2012, 18:44
The chicken pieces look a wee bit on the skimpy side. I prefer the bucket. :kilroy:

Willy
November 28th, 2012, 19:51
I'll pass. I don't do chicken. That stuff's fowl.

Dain Arns
November 29th, 2012, 01:53
Hate to be blunt, but looking at that pic, I'd have to be really hungry to choke down what I see on that tray... :isadizzy: :icon_lol:

When I fly, if it's a choice between steak or fish, I remember to have the lasagna...

stansdds
November 29th, 2012, 02:06
Ugh! Doesn't look appealing.

Terry
November 29th, 2012, 02:30
The question is whether it's better than nothing, which is what you get flying in the US! :USA-flag:

brad kaste
November 29th, 2012, 05:58
Ugh! Doesn't look appealing.

When I'm hungry,....I'll scarf down about anything.

fsafranek
November 29th, 2012, 08:50
The question is whether it's better than nothing, which is what you get flying in the US! :USA-flag:
Exactly. All we get is a small foil bag of peanuts. And if you're allergic to peanuts they have stale crackers you can eat while trapped in a pressurized tube for several hours with 100 peanut breathers. I'm sorry, went off on a tangent there.
:ernae:

arfyhun
November 29th, 2012, 11:48
Seeing those pictures reminds me how nobody has been known to die from an eight-hour diet....

You are what you eat. Mine's the cardboard wrappings. Pass the mint sauce Julian.

Graham.

aeronca1
November 29th, 2012, 11:59
What's the football shaped thingy? It looks like a partial footprint casting from a crime scene. And you're supposed to eat that? PASS!

gradyhappyg
November 29th, 2012, 12:12
What's the football shaped thingy? It looks like a partial footprint casting from a crime scene. And you're supposed to eat that? PASS!
Some sort of bread like substance!
My wife works at a KFC never seen anything like that.
Heck I love their grilled chicken and choclate chip cookies.
If they were to serve anything that looks like that tray there would be a county wide riot.

n4gix
November 29th, 2012, 14:40
What's up with the tiny, two teaspoons of coleslaw? That's not enough to even wet an appetite, much less apease one's hunger.

brad kaste
November 29th, 2012, 14:51
What's up with the tiny, two teaspoons of coleslaw? That's not enough to even wet an appetite, much less apease one's hunger.

These KFC entrees (if I can call them that....) are geared for the petite Japanese appetite,....not the 'more is better' American philosophy when it comes to chowing down.

av8erjm
November 30th, 2012, 08:54
I remember back in the day newly minted IFR driver, ferrying planes from KS and FL I would feast on maybe a baloney and cheese sandwich or maybe gorge down a tuna on rye [before the mayo or whatever got too warm] . Anyway point is all the diffferent sandwiches I had ferrying back then were light years ahead of this crap