PDA

View Full Version : A2A's 377 and Groundhandling 5 gauge pushback

P38man
November 28th, 2012, 14:53
I have installed this gauge in the panel.cfg and it works as in this video. It really rocks, thanks to Rob (avsim search RCBgh-50.zip or http://www.simviation.com/fsxmisc1.htm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOzcXfkY1Jo

I have it setup without "nomenu" and choose it same as the other A2A windows for the 377.

Having never used pushback before nor this gauge I am confused by a few things.
1) Once I loaded up an airport and it worked with a little pushback vehicle and at another airport there was no vehicle at all. Is it possible to always have the vehicle? When does the vehicle show up?
2) I could only find one "config" for the panel.cfg that worked for me (below) but it has the window much bigger than the gauge. If I re-size it the gauge dissapears and all I get is a black box. Anyone know how to fix it ?
3) anyone tried "pushkun"? http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=165822

I found:
- the extra version (5.0A) seems to not work at all in my windows 7
- I put it under "Window 5" which was some screen I don't use (at work so cannot remember) I think it wouldn't show at window 11 (ref: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?212279-groundhandling5)
- I found a great config that worked for me that had 2 lines which I believe setup the default ground handling tug vehicle and I wanted to post the config here (it was a post in 2008 on a forum which showed both best configs for fs9 and fsx but for the life of me I cannot find it now).
- I think you need fsuipc (I am using free version)

fliger747
November 28th, 2012, 15:00
It would be surprising if the 377 was ever pushed back per se. This was not an airport procedure till the advent of jetways, an item that did not exist in the days of the Stratocruiser. There were tow bars and tractors, but these were used for moving planes in and out of the hangar and re-positioning etc. In the era a "gate" was literally that, a gate in the fence seperating the terminal from the ramp. The planes were loaded from the aft door, port side, front doors were for catering and other supplies.

T

P38man
November 28th, 2012, 15:08
It would be surprising if the 377 was ever pushed back per se. This was not an airport procedure till the advent of jetways, an item that did not exist in the days of the Stratocruiser. There were tow bars and tractors, but these were used for moving planes in and out of the hangar and re-positioning etc. In the era a "gate" was literally that, a gate in the fence seperating the terminal from the ramp. The planes were loaded from the aft door, port side, front doors were for catering and other supplies.

T

Yes I knew that and its a good point.

I enjoy doing it though because its fun and when I fly I imagine I am flying a restored one. The gauge has speaking voices btw and tells you to use the parking brake etc.

GypsyBaron
November 28th, 2012, 16:13
The airport gate configuration will dictate the presence or not of tugs. I haven't messed with AFCAD files
in quite some time so do not recall the details but I think the Gate type and size were a couple of the factors.

Paul

P38man
November 28th, 2012, 23:20
The airport gate configuration will dictate the presence or not of tugs. I haven't messed with AFCAD files
in quite some time so do not recall the details but I think the Gate type and size were a couple of the factors.

Paul

Thanks for that it helped!

I did a search using "gate" as well and came up with the answer - "A push back tug is generated by every GATE and CARGO type parking spot on an airport. The percentage of the spots on the airport which display them is based upon the airport vehicle slider"

I am now looking at the FSX SDK "Living world" info to see if I can force tugs to be there at the expense of other types or something.

A tug can be there one day then the same airport and same gate not be there at all.

P38man
November 29th, 2012, 01:25
Ok I am now using the 5 version (not the A ver) with the standard code from the readme and have put the following in the window code of panel.cfg to keep the window open when switching views and it all works good - the tugs remain rare and random though.
type=special

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2