PDA

View Full Version : I'M HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY VIDEO CARD !HELP!!

November 22nd, 2012, 02:41
Hi to all the clever gurus like Bearcat 241, Shessi , Simonu, SC7500 , Peperez ,RAMI and all the others that I can't fit in .

My computer decided to have a hissy fit about two weeks ago so I took it to the local geeks $54.00 later and a new video card (NVIDIA GE FORCE GT630) everything works fine except CFS2.

I have 4 installs and it affects them all the same way. Cockpit of each aircraft is perfect , go to outside view and I have 25-30 duplicates of my aircraft in the same spot ,the sea is black and all the airfield buildings are 30-50 feet off the ground .

If I take off the rudder appears and disappears at an alarming speed and the sea becomes a small mountain !!!

If I go into settings and turn off "HARDWARE ACCELERATION" things return to normal but the whole world is basically quite large pixels ;although the buildings the sea and the rudder do end up where they're supposed to be !!!!

I've tried resetting defaults etc change resolutions,etc on and on .

I have a copy of FSX (EYE CANDY USE ONLY) and it seems to work fine .

What can I do to fix the incredibly crappy screens in CFS2..

Regards to all ,
1150:isadizzy:

bearcat241
November 22nd, 2012, 03:36
What operating system?

If you feel that HW acceleration is somewhat at the heart of the problem, it may be a matter of which version of Direct X your card is using with current video hardware settings, which in turn begs the question of what operating system you're using. If the Geforce card is working in a Win7 system it may be defaulting by system settings into the OS's preference for DX10, as opposed to CFS2's DX9 compatibility, which is what XP works with.

So before we go any further, let's get the first question settled...

wombat666
November 22nd, 2012, 05:17
Check out NVIDIA support for the latest drivers for your card, the ones on the CD are always old and NVIDIA knock out updates on a frequent basis.
It could be as easy as that.
:kilroy:

Wulf190
November 22nd, 2012, 08:12
Check out NVIDIA support for the latest drivers for your card, the ones on the CD are always old and NVIDIA knock out updates on a frequent basis.
It could be as easy as that.
:kilroy:

Wombat is right. Driver updates can help solve issues with new cards playing older games. I had a resolution issue with my GTX460. My my Monitor's native resolution the card just did not like CFS2, but I adjusted the resolution a touch and it worked. But I never had an issue with my 6600GT, 6800GS, X1950XT or 8800GTS.

CFS2 is an old game, and there very well may come a time soon when the new hardware will not support it properly.

November 23rd, 2012, 01:05
Hi All , I run an old HP DESKTOP ,XP SP3 , 4 Gig of RAM ,70 GIG FIRST DRIVE, 400 GIG SECOND DRIVE , all my CFS2 is on the second drive .

Hope this helps to fill in the gaps .

Regards

bearcat241
November 23rd, 2012, 13:01
XP3 huh? Well in that case i would have to agree with the others on the logic of plugging in another driver. My old GTS250 is still humming on all sims and games, with the recent Nvidia driver 304.79. Its not the latest version, but its good enough for now.

CheerZ!

Shessi
November 23rd, 2012, 14:44
Hi 1150,
Unfortunately I think BC is on the right track with his first comment. The GT630 card is a true DX11 card, and therefore is not fully compatible with either XP or CFS2.

CFS2 was initially built when DX5(!) was being used. Most DX10 cards are ok with CFS2 as the early models were not pure DX10, but really hyped DX9 cards. XP and CFS2 is fully compatible with DX9 to 9c. When DX11 came along they really were/are DX11, and although DX is meant to be reverse compatible, this is when the older prog problems started.

A couple of suggestions,
Is there a setting in the card for any reverse DX compatibility settings, if so try a DX9 setting.

Try knocking off the anti-aliase (AA) setting on your card settings, if any of these work then set up a hotkey for CFS2 or a custom graphics setting to run with CFS2.

Try totally uninstalling everything GT630, then re-install but only use the basic drivers. This may give you CFS2 how you want but it won't have the bells and whistles for FSX, I doubt this will work though.

If nothing works, then take the GPU back, get a refund and either see if they can find you an older DX9 or 10 card or good ol' Ebay will, TBH I think this is the best option.

For your info, I run various OS's on numerous pc's (work/hobby), but my main sim desktop is a 4 year old self-build with XP SP3 on an E8600 CPU, ASUS P5 MoBo, 3Gb 6400 RAM, 1Gb ATi 4890 GPU. This runs CFS2 beautifully 52FPS min with anything in the picture, FS9 set at 35 FPS with anything in the picture, and FSX well.

Cheers

Shessi

November 24th, 2012, 03:38
HI BEARCAT 241,SHESSI,WULF190 AND ANYOONE ELSE WHO REPLIED TO MY CALL FOR HELP .

I'VE TRIED ALL THE SUGGESTIONS AND NONE OF THEM WORK SO NOW I'M LOOKING FOR AN OLD NEW CARD .

THANKYOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR INPUT AND SUGGESTIONS.

BETWEEN YOU ALL--- YOU HAVE SOLVED THE ISSUE NOW I HAVE TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

THANK YOU ,ONCE AGAIN TO ALL WHO ANSWERED .

REGARDS AND BEST WISHES TO ALL