PDA

View Full Version : Pitch High Fudd

FSX68
November 21st, 2012, 12:59
OK,

I had this issue with the G7 series aircraft was in the fs9/portover stage and I have it in the Native FSX format:

The plane likes to ride nose high and if I throttle back it will level out (for a brief moment) at around 125 knots then it will go nose down (opposite). WHY?
I can make minute pitch up/down with the up/down arrow keys to get a brief desired effect. At 117 Knots is wants to nose up a tad. Looks like this baby wants to go
up hill a lot at least on my rig. I'm using a logitech extreme 3d pro for a stick.

warchild
November 21st, 2012, 13:31
from the image, i can guess that there are two things happening. 1. the cg is too far back and/or 2. the horizontal tail is not providing enough lift. Ifi'm correct fleiger747 made the flight model for that aircraft and he's pretty thorough. perhaps he can provide some insight..
Pam

airattackimages
November 21st, 2012, 13:34
I've had no problems with it. Trim it out for the speed you're flying and it flies straight and level hands off.

gradyhappyg
November 21st, 2012, 15:54
Make sure your auto pilot is off.
I have had issues like that before in different aircraft only to find out MR happy fingers had hit the Z and locked the controls.

fliger747
November 21st, 2012, 17:42
With 36% fuel and four crew I get an inflight CG of 20.67 % MAC and at a speed of 141 knots IAS a nose down trim of 1.27 units. This seems to be within normal parameters. Horizontal stabilizers do not in FS provide lift per se, and within normal CG ranges should provide a nose up pitch moment, a tail downforce. FS treats the stab as a pitch moment modifier applied to the main wing.

Not sure what you issue is coming from. Autopilot or a stuck trim button come to mind. Get the AFSD utility by Herve Sors and you can check out a myriad of parameters and trace down the issue.

Cheers: T

FSX68
November 21st, 2012, 18:02
Make sure your auto pilot is off.
I have had issues like that before in different aircraft only to find out MR happy fingers had hit the Z and locked the controls.

not knowing about the "Z" autopilot key, I tried to disengage it and it seems to allow the plane to fly in a more level attitude. Thanks for the advise.

:kilroy:

fliger747
November 22nd, 2012, 09:49
One situation that happens occasionally is having the aircraft on the ground with altitude hold on, set to some higher altitude. This runs the trim full up and can make for an uncontrollable takeoff. Moving a plane from flight with alt hold engaged to an airport will do this.

T