PDA

View Full Version : Freeware IRIS P40's not showing in FSX ?

dswart
November 20th, 2012, 19:42
Hi Everyone,
I downloaded the IRIS P40's. There are a bunch of them in two packages. The first one with the Iris Classic P-40 FSX shows up. The second one P-40 Warhawk with the E, F, L, N and TP-40N do not show up. Does any one have some workable aircraft config's that show all the P-40's. I want to load up Tom's repaints I found here. ( I have always enjoyed his work all the way back to the early cfs2 days.)

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dan Swart:salute:

familton
November 21st, 2012, 09:20
Hi Everyone,
I downloaded the IRIS P40's. There are a bunch of them in two packages. The first one with the Iris Classic P-40 FSX shows up. The second one P-40 Warhawk with the E, F, L, N and TP-40N do not show up. Does any one have some workable aircraft config's that show all the P-40's. I want to load up Tom's repaints I found here. ( I have always enjoyed his work all the way back to the early cfs2 days.)

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dan Swart:salute:

What's the filename and location that you downloaded it from? I looked and the only sites I found were all torrents. Bob.

Nick C
November 21st, 2012, 11:49
I looked and the only sites I found were all torrents. Bob.

Perhaps you need to look away from the torrent sites.

http://www.irissimulations.com/product-classics-p40kitty.php
http://www.irissimulations.com/product-classics-p40war.php

No solution to the planes not showing up though, sorry.

familton
November 21st, 2012, 12:10
Hi Nick. That's the first site I went to. I get this error on two different browsers:
Not Found The requested URL /freeware/iris_classics_p40_fsx.exe was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
<address>Apache Server at www.irissimulations.com Port 80
</address> That's why I asked the question. I Googled the exe file and ll I got were torrent sites. Best regards, Bob.

Nick C
November 21st, 2012, 15:24
Hi Nick. That's the first site I went to. I get this error on two different browsers:
Not Found The requested URL /freeware/iris_classics_p40_fsx.exe was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
<address>Apache Server at www.irissimulations.com Port 80
</address> That's why I asked the question. I Googled the exe file and ll I got were torrent sites. Best regards, Bob.

Sorry I sounded a little curt, not my intention. I'm on my phone at the moment, but I'm sure when I looked on my PC earlier the files were listed on Simviation, have you looked there? Is David still posting at SOH? I know there has been work on his site recently, obviously the files need uploading again.

familton
November 21st, 2012, 16:52
Hi Nick. No problem. I found it at Simviation under a different filename. I am downloading it now. Thanks, regards, Bob.

dswart
November 21st, 2012, 23:54
Yep, that is where I found them, Simviation and the file name is 542P-40_Warhawk.zip.
I am sure I am missing something simple but cannot figure it out.
Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

Jafo
November 22nd, 2012, 05:33
Yep, that is where I found them, Simviation and the file name is 542P-40_Warhawk.zip.
I am sure I am missing something simple but cannot figure it out.
Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Dan

They use aliased panels...all to the 40E panel entry. If that one isn't there the others won't show at all...unless you copy/paste the panel folder into each variation...;)