PDA

View Full Version : S2F3 and E1B shockwave lights

euroastar350
November 19th, 2012, 09:32
Gents,

Need input on what lights to use for the dedicated shockwave light MDLs for the S2F3 and E1B, I just need the navlight preferences so I can bake them into the models. The landing light coordinates can be placed here so I can do service packs for both aircraft. Input is appreciated.

FSX68
November 19th, 2012, 13:14
Gents,

Need input on what lights to use for the dedicated shockwave light MDLs for the S2F3 and E1B, I just need the navlight preferences so I can bake them into the models. The landing light coordinates can be placed here so I can do service packs for both aircraft. Input is appreciated.

It would be nice if the searchlight and other lights were not baked into the .mdl. Maybe for those that don't use shock wave give them the option to use non-shock wave
and create a (lights) section the would have either conventional or shockwave lights hashed out and note this in a read me. The landing lights could be brighter via shock wave.
OT I still have a little nose high attitude with the S2F3.
I try to trim it level with my up/down arrow keys as needed.

We need the nice folks that made those skins for the previous version of the S2F and E1 to convert them to a dds (native format). I enjoyed the USS Hancock E1. She was a beauty.

Thanks for your survey.

euroastar350
November 19th, 2012, 16:05
The only reason they are baked into the MDL is because they move when the wings fold. Now I could add a light section, but that means the lights will not move with the wings when folding.

Milton Shupe
November 19th, 2012, 18:42
The only reason they are baked into the MDL is because they move when the wings fold. Now I could add a light section, but that means the lights will not move with the wings when folding.

Well, that would definitely be a user error to turn that light on under 100kias as it would melt the lens in RL. :-)