PDA

View Full Version : A2A Civil P-51 Manual is up.

pilottj
November 17th, 2012, 08:16
Hey Guys,
Scott has posted the Civil P-51 Manual over at the A2A forum. Shouldn't be long now:salute:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=32354&p=246208#p246208

Cheers
TJ

Dain Arns
November 17th, 2012, 09:57
Glad they will include the ultraviolet lighting, I'll buy it just on that bit alone.
Since I work nights in RL, I do a lot of 'night flying' in the sim on my days off.
I'm not a big fan of 'well lit' VC's anymore. :icon_lol:

Blade124
November 17th, 2012, 13:03
The lighting is all Rob. He managed the entire cockpit design in cooperation with Dudley Henriques, Vlado Lenoch's "Moonbeam McSwine", and Chris Baranaskas's "Glamorous Gal." You can put all kinds of glass panels in aircraft today, but they can kill the soul of the aircraft. This is our "best of" cockpit, at least from our point of view, all based on actual equipment. The fuel flow, on the right, is analog (UMA Instruments makes nice analog gauges here in the US), while the digital temperature gauge on the far left also serves as a voltmeter. There is always a balancing act when choosing the right gauge and a good placement. Digital has the advantage of presenting more condensed information, while analog offers a faster read. A ton of discussion and back and forth during the design phase. We hope those who fly this like it.

Also, we're trying to arrange a meeting with Mitchell Glicksman at his home, where he can demonstrate using the panel for IFR.

Scott.