PDA

View Full Version : Airport design

shaggy
November 16th, 2012, 23:19
Hello fellow flyers.

I haven encountered a problem while I was redoing a Swedish military airport (ESDF)
I have completely redone the runway and taxiways, aprons etc, the whole shaboodle, but now when my ai traffic eighter tries to land they always goes missed on the final, and the ai on the ground canīt seem to take of.
Also when i contact the tower for taxi clearance, he approves it but basically just tells me to taxi to holding point for RWY 19, not assigning me any taxiways to use.

How can i fix the problems? Do you guys have any ideas? Can i lnk my taxiway signs to a specific taxiway?
Im adding my ADE 9 airport project for anyone who wants to have a look.
My current version of ADE 9 : v01.50.4402

Any help would be great.
BW
Shaggy

ian elliot
November 16th, 2012, 23:57
Hi shaggy, i had a quick look at your ESDF, i noticed stright away that your start pionts on your runway fall outside the radius of your "hold short" node's, the 01 end of the runway has no "hold short" at all. hope this helps, nice scenery by the way :icon29:
cheers ian

nigel richards
November 17th, 2012, 01:12
I think Ian has covered the main issue.

If you want to operate your own flights and ai using a specific runway or runway direction, use the 'Closed for Takeoff' and 'Closed for Landing' in your runway properties dialog.

You can also close off taxiways to make fs use the path you desire.
If memory serves me: Fs always tries to direct traffic using the shortest valid route to/from active runway.

Always nice to see people creating new scenery, perhaps you'll share your hard work with us when finished.

Good luck Shaggy. :salute:

shaggy
November 17th, 2012, 02:24
Thanks for the tips guys. Another thing just struck me though...

How do i assign a desginator to a taxiway path?
I opened up another airport afcad file and saw that the taxiways has designators, such as N,S,E,W, A,B,C etc etc.
But when i right click my taxiways to set the designator I only have the "Blank" option. I wil upload some pictures in a bit so you can understand the problem better.

Bw
Shaggy

And of course I will share my work when im done =) This place will be filled with gripens and helicopters when im done!

Edit:
Here you can see what i mean.

shaggy
November 17th, 2012, 05:47
I found the solution!