PDA

View Full Version : SM 79 question

hurricane3
November 16th, 2012, 14:33
I downloaded the SM 79 from SOH and noticed at night the landing light beam points backwards. You can see the actual light just under the middle engine ,but unless they were able to backup when taxing it doesn't do a lot of good.
Is this a mistake or does it swivel to the front?
If a mistake as I believe it is, how would I fix it?

Hurricane91
November 16th, 2012, 15:32
Hi Hurricane,
Are you speaking about Manuele Villa's SM 79, or another one?

Milton Shupe
November 16th, 2012, 15:39
I downloaded the SM 79 from SOH and noticed at night the landing light beam points backwards. You can see the actual light just under the middle engine ,but unless they were able to backup when taxing it doesn't do a lot of good.
Is this a mistake or does it swivel to the front?
If a mistake as I believe it is, how would I fix it?

It may well be a model issue.

The light shines opposite the direction of the Z pivot and the modeler may have forgotten to turn it 180 degrees.

And to clarify,

1) The pivot of the light planar sets the location of the point of light, and,
2) The light Planar must be linked to a parent object whose pivot sets the direction of the beam (180 degrees opposite of the Z axis of its Local coordinate).

Dangerousdave26
November 16th, 2012, 16:03
You may be able to move the landing light.

The FS codes to pan the landing light are

CTRL + SHIFT + Num 5 = Center landing light
CTRL + SHIFT + Num 2 = Landing light tilt down
CTRL + SHIFT + Num 4 = Landing light tilt left
CTRL + SHIFT + Num 6 = Landing light tilt right
CTRL + SHIFT + Num 8 = Landing light tilt up

Try those commands

hurricane3
November 17th, 2012, 08:15
It's Manuele Villa's SM 79. I''ll try the light shift commands and report back.

hurricane3
November 18th, 2012, 06:27
I tried using the ctrl+shift+num and it didn't work, so does anyone know how to turn the light 180 degrees? I couldn't find anything in the config file that said light planar.

falcon409
November 18th, 2012, 07:54
I tried using the ctrl+shift+num and it didn't work, so does anyone know how to turn the light 180 degrees? I couldn't find anything in the config file that said light planar.
You may need to refer back to Milton's response. Manuele is an excellent modeler, but I suppose everyone makes mistakes from time to time, it's possible, as Milton mentions, that he forgot to turn it 180 degrees in the model itself. If that's the case, he is the one that has to correct it, since he has the source code. Maybe contact Manuele and ask him about your problem. Just a thought.

UPDATE: I think Hurricane91 has a better suggestion. Try downloading again. It does seem unlikely that Manuele would simply forget to model that light correctly. He would have done an update to the mdl file at some point to fix the problem.

Hurricane91
November 18th, 2012, 07:57
Hi Hurricane,
After I saw your first post, I checked my MVG SM79 and found the light working properly. I don't know
how to fix it if it is a model issue as Milton suggests, but you might try downloading the files again or
try a different download site.

Best regards,
John

hurricane3
November 18th, 2012, 08:27
Guess I'll try and reinstall, I have another SM79 on my disks ,I might try that one. Thanks everyone.

Tom Clayton
November 18th, 2012, 08:41
If you get a model that has a correct landing light, shoot a PM to Obio. He might want to update the file we have here.

hurricane3
November 18th, 2012, 09:36
roger that

hurricane3
November 18th, 2012, 10:27
I searched my disks ,all 72 of them, and couldn't find it but I may have overlooked it.
I redownloaded the SM79 from this site and got the same backwards landing light.
I wil try another site when I have time.

kikas
November 18th, 2012, 10:35
This one works for me search for file "sm79_sp1.zip" at flightsim, or avsim library

hurricane3
November 18th, 2012, 13:22
Kikas ,thanks ,I got that one from AVSIM and it works, landing light points forword. I'll see if I can get a pm to OBIO for the one here.

mvg3d
November 19th, 2012, 00:17
Kikas ,thanks ,I got that one from AVSIM and it works, landing light points forword. I'll see if I can get a pm to OBIO for the one here.

Hi Hurricane3,
I'm sorry for my mistakes in the first '79 package, I solved ALL the problems and fixed them in the "Service Pack 1". There is "somewhere" in SOH also a "79GAUFIX.zip", the file contained in this archive fixes the altimeter malfunction. If You can't find this file, please contact me with a PM and I'll send You the file.

:salute::salute::salute::salute:

hurricane3
November 19th, 2012, 06:36
Don't worry about it,no big deal and everyone makes mistakes. The 89GAUFIX zip was included in the download from AVSIM. Thanks for your post back
and all the beautiful work you do.The SM79 was always a favorite of mine.
Take care Manuele.

MM
November 26th, 2012, 10:58
Just taking this extra opportunity to thank you Manuele for your terrific aircraft.
--M