PDA

View Full Version : Game will not load

John Pirnie
November 13th, 2012, 07:38
:isadizzy:I guys, will i reloaded my computer and installed CFS2, but the game will not load up.
Does anyone know what is going on?:salute:

UncleTgt
November 13th, 2012, 08:09
John,

We will try to help if we can, but we're not psychic! :banghead:

Let's try to flesh out some background first

You've recently been getting lots of help finding objects etc.

So, first question: What happened that you needed to "reload" your computer? Did adding one of these mods screw the pooch?

What operating system have you got, XP, Win 7 64 bit?

Did you reinstall CFS 2 from the disks, or did you just copy files off a USB stick?

Where did you install the prog to?

Does your PC have User Account Control?

Are we looking at a fresh stock install, or a modded install?

Is the CD2 in the CD drive (required - game won't run unless you use the no CD patch)?

I could go on ...

Take a deep breath, don't panic, give us some background info to go on. We're hear to help

John Pirnie
November 13th, 2012, 08:12
John,

So, first question: What happened that you needed to "reload" your computer? Did adding one of these mods screw the pooch?

Did you reinstall CFS 2 from the disks, or did you just copy files off a USB stick?

Is the CD2 in the CD drive (required - game won't run unless you use the no CD patch)?

I could go on ...

Take a deep breath, don't panic, give us some background info to go on. We're hear to help

I have Win 7 64 bit.

John Pirnie
November 13th, 2012, 08:16
John,

I could go on ...

I am using Win 7 64 bit, and it is a fresh install and yes I have no#2 disk in the computer.
Thanks.
JP

John Pirnie
November 13th, 2012, 13:58
I am using Win 7 64 bit, and it is a fresh install and yes I have no#2 disk in the computer.
Thanks.
JP

I have installed CFS1 and FS9 and they both had no problems
except for CFS1 I had to install the fix for windows 7 with the new CFG file.
JP:salute:
I also installed the update for DirectX
I have installed CFS2 five different ways and still it
will not load. You figure!!!!!!!

John Pirnie
November 13th, 2012, 16:13
I have installed CFS1 and FS9 and they both had no problems
except for CFS1 I had to install the fix for windows 7 with the new CFG file.
JP:salute:
I also installed the update for DirectX
I have installed CFS2 five different ways and still it
will not load. You figure!!!!!!!

Well!!! How do you figure this one.
I installed CFS2 again but this time I installed in on G drive
which is the other half of my harddrive.This time I installed the CF_Unofficial_Patch for CFS2 and tried the game, and it didn't work.
So then I installed the nocd patch. and low and behold the game works. There must be something with the EXE. in the Game, that's the only thing I can think of.
:salute::salute::isadizzy::salute:
JP

UncleTgt
November 14th, 2012, 00:11
Hi John,

Sorry for not responding sooner, but the time difference makes this kinda thing more difficult than it should be.

Glad you got it sorted, & interesting that the nocd patch was the fix.
:greenbo:
I vaguely remember someone reporting that there is a fixed number of times you can spin up the CD in the drive before the game refuses to acknowledge the copyright. It's a massively large number of plays, but I guess you struck out. I think in the past, people had to buy fresh disks.

Maybe one of the "veterans" will be able chime in & clarify this, it could be a very important issue going forwards for this oldie but goodie!

Anyone else able to shed light on this?:monkies:

John Pirnie
November 14th, 2012, 18:04
Hi John,

Sorry for not responding sooner, but the time difference makes this kinda thing more difficult than it should be.

Glad you got it sorted, & interesting that the nocd patch was the fix.
:greenbo:
I vaguely remember someone reporting that there is a fixed number of times you can spin up the CD in the drive before the game refuses to acknowledge the copyright. It's a massively large number of plays, but I guess you struck out. I think in the past, people had to buy fresh disks.

Maybe one of the "veterans" will be able chime in & clarify this, it could be a very important issue going forwards for this oldie but goodie!

Anyone else able to shed light on this?:monkies:

UncleTgt, you are absolutely right. Do we have anyone at SOH that can do this
and be legal about this with thw copyright issue?
It would sure be a nice thing for all the other people out there.
JP :salute::salute:

Shadow Wolf 07
November 15th, 2012, 03:01
It is against the SOH rules to even talk about it here. :running:

UncleTgt
November 15th, 2012, 08:06
John,

Whilst I agree with the sentiment expressed by SW07, I do wish someone would chip in with some confirmation of the apparent licence limit to the nr of spins for CD2. It would be even more useful to have a workaround besides "go out & buy another copy (seeing MS don't support it anymore)".

Otherwise there's no point in revising any Pacific scenery, by the time it's done there'll be no-one left to enjoy the enhancements!

(apart from the "Illegals" that is ) :icon_lol: :crybaby:

John Pirnie
November 15th, 2012, 12:11
It is against the SOH rules to even talk about it here. :running:

:salute::salute:OK, OK, OK!!
JP

mav
November 15th, 2012, 17:10
:isadizzy:I guys, will i reloaded my computer and installed CFS2, but the game will not load up.
Does anyone know what is going on?:salute:

I had the same issue some yrs back, it was 1 of me WT:censored:... moments, didn't matter how many times i uninstalled ,then re installed it just didn't load!!!

Finally did find it was a corrupt CFS2 registry key that wasn't being uninstalled and left behind, once manually deleted and CLEAN installed it worked like new!

So maybe go thru your registry and delete any reference to cfs2 ... then clean install again, and good luck!!! :)