PDA

View Full Version : KSFO RUNWAY ISSUES

FSX68
November 10th, 2012, 12:25
I noticed when I was at the San Francisco Airport that the runway looked like parts of it were missing.

This was the scenery settings at the time:

The mesh settings don't affect any of the other runways in fsx like it does at KSFO.

I changed the mesh resolution to 152:

And the runway at KSFO is complete. I also might make mention that all the runways are complete when viewed from the air.

Again, I dont have this issue with any other airport with the mesh at 72. It's only the KSFO airport that I noticed that parts of the runway are missing till I silde the mesh to the
left a bit. I reinstalled FSX and FSX accell and still have this issue. Is there a fix for this in FSX that I don't know about or what? Appreciate any suggestions.

:isadizzy:

Meshman
November 10th, 2012, 21:01
Default mesh in FSX for the US is 38 meters. Try adjusting for that, along with Mesh Complexity to 100 and see if things appear normal.

BTW, default texture resolution is 1m, so unless you are running 2m for performance reasons I would adjust that back to default.

FSX68
November 11th, 2012, 06:37
Default mesh in FSX for the US is 38 meters. Try adjusting for that, along with Mesh Complexity to 100 and see if things appear normal.

BTW, default texture resolution is 1m, so unless you are running 2m for performance reasons I would adjust that back to default.

I tried your suggestions and still the same. I am using Aero Soft US Cities KSFO (San Francisco) and raised priority scenery to the top. When I get a certain distance
in the air I notice that the missing gaps in the runway will slowly draw in (Fill in) and when I the lower I descend the gap slowly appears. I tried removing the aerosoft KSFO and still have same probs. It's only this one airport. I don't have this issue (Gaps in runway) using your setting on AeroSofts LAX or other stock/freeware airports. Thanks for your suggestions.

Meshman
November 11th, 2012, 09:11
And when you deactivate AS SFO in the scenery library what does KSFO look like? Nice and flat???

FSX68
November 11th, 2012, 10:22
And when you deactivate AS SFO in the scenery library what does KSFO look like? Nice and flat???

Nope. Looks the same. I know that may sound wierd but there is no change with the way the runways look. Like I said before, when you are airborne the missing gaps in the runways
fill in and look ok. On approach to land it's a different story; the gaps in the runway start to appear just like before.

I used AS uninstaller and their product is removed (at least from the scenery folders). I hate to reinstall FSX again (I did that once already) as that didn't seem to fix the issue.
Some thing is amiss here. I posted this issued at the AS forum and I am waiting to see if anyone has suggestions. I bought this think from PC Aviation on sale. Their LAX (AS) works
great.

warchild
November 13th, 2012, 15:51
you can try moving the scenery to the top of the scenery stack, just below the meshes..

FSX68
November 13th, 2012, 17:24
you can try moving the scenery to the top of the scenery stack, just below the meshes..

I ended up removing and reinstalling FSX/Acell ( I removed all the adon scenery files and starting fresh. That seemed to work and so I have
KSFO runways looking like they should.