PDA

View Full Version : The Real Thing!

Worthless
November 8th, 2012, 05:30
I first purchased CFS1 and CFS2 over ten years ago. Played with them a little, tired of it and moved on. Then, in 2009 I picked CFS2 back up and with the aid of Sim sights like SOH, I have become hooked. No question about it, I'm and addict. Still in all that time I've never seen more than a handful of real aircraft from the early days of aviation. Saw a B-17 once at the coast as it flew by, and got a chance to tour the B-29, FiFi, 15 years ago when it landed at RDU. But, I've never put my foot in the road to go and see history up close. Well, I'm not getting any younger so, tomorrow a buddy and I are headed for Dayton and Wright Field. I hope it lives up to my expectations. I'll let you know.

Robert John
November 8th, 2012, 05:42
Have a nice day tomorrow.
RJ

Jagdflieger
November 8th, 2012, 09:11
Have a great trip! I visited Wright Field and the Air Force Museum there while traveling cross country between assignments in 93. It was a great experience and it can only be better now.

I only had a day, but I really needed two days to really get the full experience of the place and absorb all the displays and information there.

Cody Coyote
November 9th, 2012, 05:05
It will surpass your expectations. Jagd's right though, you really need to allow yourself two days to do it right, see everything, and not feel rushed.

Discus
November 9th, 2012, 07:20
Worthless

I hope you enjoy the visit. And fromn the other side of the world please upload some pictures.

Discus

tobob
November 9th, 2012, 08:40
Went there as a child and ain't been right since! :isadizzy:

Worthless
November 9th, 2012, 18:09
Worthless

I hope you enjoy the visit. And fromn the other side of the world please upload some pictures.

Discus

Safe in Dayton. Have camera and batteries. Pictures will follow.