PDA

View Full Version : Blacked-out cockpit windows in FSX

Sid2008
November 7th, 2012, 04:15
Hello everybody,
I feel almost sure that some of you had this issue with FSX: black cockpit windows from the VC and sometimes black cockpit textures in the VC.

Does this disease have a cure, doctor?

Thank you,
Sid

falcon409
November 7th, 2012, 04:21
Two things would help: What airplane are you talking about and some screenshots of the VC problem.:salute:

Sid2008
November 7th, 2012, 05:05
Oh, I was afraid that you are going to ask for the airplanes in question.
Anyway, they are "re-manufactured" FSX aircraft by Ricardo_TV. Here is a funny thing, simviation who hosted the downloads, took them off. Maybe that is telling.
Sid

falcon409
November 7th, 2012, 05:49
Oh, I was afraid that you are going to ask for the airplanes in question.
Anyway, they are "re-manufactured" FSX aircraft by Ricardo_TV. Here is a funny thing, simviation who hosted the downloads, took them off. Maybe that is telling.
Sid
Most likely....normally "black" windows or "opaque" windows from the VC are a sign of an "alpha" correction needed. Usually you can load the texture for the glass into DXTbmp and make the alpha solid black (0,0,0) and that fixes the problem. As for the panels being black, probably missing textures for starters. If the download reappears, try it again, it could be that the person who uploaded it discovered the problem as well and is making the necessary corrections.

Sid2008
November 7th, 2012, 06:01
Thank you, Falcon.
Sid