PDA

View Full Version : For Windows 8 users only

hey_moe
November 6th, 2012, 15:32
Well now that ya had a chance to play with it what cha think so far? A few things I like it is faster. I did notice I can't do online banking with that browser. Had to use FF or Google. I also notice Robo Form had problems filling in the sign on and passwords. And the subject of passwords with W8 it does have it quirks when going to the app store and each time sign on. The mail app they have you cannot set up their own MS Outlook in there. The Outlook.com you can but it will still not work with their mail app program, which I don't really understand why MS did that. To use the Windows key and the I button is also a pain to put it to sleep. Would have been nice if you could make a short cut for that. I really feel W8 was more made for tablets not DT or TP....Mike

FAC257
November 7th, 2012, 13:45
Moe

I've had W8 up and running for about 6 weeks now and I am pretty content with it. Since the official release I bumped it up to the full W8 Pro w/Media Center. I played with it for a month with the Release Preview version to make sure I was okay with it, before making the purchase. I was completely hooked by that time. :)

The only old software that I had to replace was my Corel PaintShop Pro X3. It was not W8 friendly, so I bumped that up to the newer PSPX5. Other than this one program everything else non-FSX related has either made the transition smoothly or I found out wasn't needed anymore since W8 had a version built in, like the Adobe Reader.

My short description would be that it's just like W7 only seems to run a little more efficiently, but is a heck of a lot more interesting to work with than any previous version of Windows I've used going all the way back to W3.1.

Interestingly, I called my sister about a week or so ago, to let her know how my W8 experiences had been so far. She's a career school teacher and was already ahead of me, as they already had W8 up and running on school system computers.

FAC