PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new GEX Asia and South America

P38man
November 4th, 2012, 14:40
I just installed it to my D drive (hard drive) and I have FSX on my C drive (SSD). Worked with flight1 wrapper (I have an account already and payment went thru paypal and code was accepted).

Seemed all OK. When I went however to enable the scenery through the GEX interface it said my FSX was not a valid installation.

It certainly is a valid one which works with an uncountable number of freeware and payware addons with absolutely none of it being pirated or anything.

It is my very first GEX scenery.

Can anyone help ?

(I didn't want to open yet another forum account for what my be my only single issue)

papab
November 4th, 2012, 15:21
I just installed it to my D drive (hard drive) and I have FSX on my C drive (SSD). Worked with flight1 wrapper (I have an account already and payment went thru paypal and code was accepted).

Seemed all OK. When I went however to enable the scenery through the GEX interface it said my FSX was not a valid installation.

It certainly is a valid one which works with an uncountable number of freeware and payware addons with absolutely none of it being pirated or anything.

It is my very first GEX scenery.

Can anyone help ?

(I didn't want to open yet another forum account for what my be my only single issue)

I would suggest that you post this in the GEX forums(reporting problems):
http://www.simforums.com/Forums/new-gex-regiOn-releases-reporting-problems_topic43288.html

You will get fast responses!
Rick

P38man
November 4th, 2012, 15:40
Thanks I appreciate your input.

There are real experts here however so I'll wait to see if anyone has the answer here first.

Note I installed as Admin and do not have UAC on at all.

Also note that other addons find my c:/fsx without me needing to point to it so no registry error.

Also FSX has only been installed once on this PC (new pc from last year with only FSX on it).

P38man
November 4th, 2012, 21:04
Well I cannot register on their forums at all - so that option is out.

each time I get the following message

Server Error

<fieldset> 500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

</fieldset>

P38man
November 4th, 2012, 21:06
Tried to use their ticket system

Guess what I got?

Server Error
<fieldset> 500 - Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. </fieldset>

Sigh........

P38man
November 5th, 2012, 01:27
Well I ran flight1's registry tool for FSX.

Reinstalled.

Still does not work.

Meshman
November 5th, 2012, 07:53
Sorry you are having issues at the Milviz site

Colin and the gang have taken over the Ground Environment X franchise?

Back to P38man, I would suggest waiting for the dust of the release(s) to die down and then try to get your problems solved. Just read about some "issue" where GEX is disabling UTX or something. I'm in no hurry to upgrade! :isadizzy:

P38man
November 5th, 2012, 14:46
Thanks Meshman I was so eager for this so I didn't wait - btw do you make mesh?

I eventually 1 day later managed to finally be able to join their forums.

Nick's response on the forum was to actually want to check both the properties of my fsx.exe and a full list of all my files in my fsx directory.

Why would someone want to check the properties of my fsx.exe ? :confused:

He then completely deleted this response from the forum and the latest forum post from him states "We found the problem.. its a rare install situation with FSX.. Please check your PM for a interface that will temp correct this issue for you and we will issue a official patch in about a week. Sorry for the problem!"

He PM'd me a fix but it still doesn't work.

Anyone else have this issue ?

Update: just PM'd me - Sigh...now I am the only 1 in 5000 installs with this issue. Wants to check my BGLs in world scenery and files in FSX directory - I answered back with file numbers.

From Yoda: If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Update2: I have already informed him I copied and pasted the new .exe to replace the old one. He now wants me to "Please right click GEXinterface.exe, select Properties on the general tab check the CREATED MODIFIED and ACCESSED dates and post all 3 of them to me please".

P38man
November 5th, 2012, 15:39
We have jointly decided to get a refund.

Meshman
November 5th, 2012, 19:52
Thanks Meshman I was so eager for this so I didn't wait - btw do you make mesh?

Sorry the new and improved didn't work out for you. Maybe try again when all the dust settles?

I have the NA version and may update down the road, but for now I don't see a real need to change.

And yes, the nickname (though unintended at the time it was suggested) denotes my tinkering with FSX. Maybe I'll have something to show for my efforts once I get one last, stupid, good for nothing sub-routine written... :isadizzy: