PDA

View Full Version : FS-Shipyards??

Paul Domingue
November 2nd, 2012, 15:05
I see that FS-Shipyards is back up and I'm happy for that. The forum doesn't remember my name and password and the registration is not working. I understand that Francois took charge of the site from something I read that PutPut posted, is that correct? I guess it is still being worked on? What's the skinny anybody know?

PutPut
November 2nd, 2012, 15:29
Hi, Paul, It is www.fs-shipyards.org. Francois took over the site a couple of years ago when Ian Thatcher passed away. Francois has a lot of irons in the fire and really nothing has happened at that site since the takeover. The good news is all the old downloads are still there and seem to be working. I just downloaded a version of the USS Casablanca from there as a test and it works fine.

Best, Paul

Paul Domingue
November 2nd, 2012, 18:30
Thanks for the info Paul. For us people who like to fly navy the ships are important and FS-Shipyards was a delight when I first encountered it. I'm glad the download section is still working. Is the developers upload section also working? I had mentioned the site to N2056 when he was working on his ship model but at the time it was down.

Francois
November 3rd, 2012, 11:46
I promised Ian's widow to keep the site alive and available, which is what I did. A bit of a problem what with a strange (to me) hosting company. They have changed something now and I have no longer admin access to the main 'portal', only the forum.

I am in the process of setting up an entirely new site, because this software is no longer supported and I cannot do anything with it. I paid for the site and the domain name, so all should remain there and running. This is 'freeware activity' to me and I have to do things in between all of my other work. I am NOT updating the site myself, just keeping it available.

Cheers,
Francois

Paul Domingue
November 3rd, 2012, 13:15
I am NOT updating the site myself, just keeping it available.

Cheers,
Francois

And thank you very much for that. Keep us posted on the development of the new site please.

crashaz
November 4th, 2012, 05:51
If you need help Francois let me know....my FS Navy credentials are pretty well known and I would definitely like to foster that aspect of FS.

Francois
November 4th, 2012, 06:09
Much appreciated. Once I get things set up I will need some help from the community to reload the files for one...... The problem with the old site is that I cannot get at the main password anymore, so I also can not 'copy' things over via SQL or import programs.

Will let you know ! Got some other things to attend to first ;-)

strikehawk
November 4th, 2012, 09:28
Francois
Pretty sure the community can come through on getting the down loads and sending them to the new site as was the case in the AVSIM hack. I know the FS Miramar Flight Club is trying to do more blue and brown water operations and the Shipyards site was THE place to go before Mr Thatchers passing. I would be nice to see all maritime related files for FSX, FS9 and hopefully P3RD located in one spot. Just my 2cents, for what it's worth.

Anyways, thanks for keeping the site and by extension, Mr Thatchers memory alive.:salute:

Francois
November 4th, 2012, 09:38
That would be great ! :wavey: