PDA

View Full Version : AF PNG Airfield Pak2 Uploaded

Pen32Win
January 3rd, 2009, 20:11
My second package of PNG fields has just been uploaded. This package includes Tadji and Awar-Hansa North. These were support fields between Hollandia and But West (Tadji) and Wewak and Alexishafen (Awar). After liberation Awar was an RAAF Emergency Strip and Tadji was an Operational Strip for both the USAAF and RAAF (P-40's, P-39's, Beauforts and C-47's).

I'm just starting to get into Landclass tools and before I do any more fields I'm going to learn this process. Then I'll be able to fix and delete incorrect stock scenery as well as coastlines and rivers and trails. That is if my head stops pounding..:banghead:

The next set will be a Mother Lode, I'm going to do the PM dromes.....
Or should I say, give them a go, Lord Help Me....:faint:

Jagdflieger
January 3rd, 2009, 21:53
Thanks Pen!

More great airfields on the north shore of New Guinea.

1. Awar
2. Awar
3. Tadji
4. Tadji

miamieagle
January 4th, 2009, 20:35
They sure look good Jag. Thank you Penwin32!:amen:

Pen32Win
January 5th, 2009, 09:28
You're Welcome!

More to come. If I get this landclass stuff figured out it'll only get better.
Right now I'm a little overwhelmed by it all and feeling about as bright as dirt.

Jean Bomber
January 5th, 2009, 12:21
......Or should I say, give them a go, Lord Help Me....:faint:

:engel016: Help yourself,the Lord will help you :amen:

:hand:
You surely know the Sander's site link ,He has made some tutos ,You can find some explanation ,
http://combatfs.homeip.net/cfs2_tutorials.htm

I recommend specially http://combatfs.homeip.net/cfs2files/SC_CFS2_Ground2k_tutorial1.5.pdf
print it ,and as in the tuto make the "exercice" choose an island and apply all the steps .You will learn the G2K fonctions step by step ,don't be afraid by some bugs ,the soft need a certain time to understand his "psychology",if I can say ,save often ,etc....Sander explain many things about pretty well....
generate the Land water class value is easy in g2k if you enter the right values,if not CTD.
you have the cfs2 list
http://combatfs.homeip.net/cfs2landclass/cfs2_landclass_values.htm
,but sometimes the bgls don't appears ,i've now find a way to conturn it when it happens,a wheirdy bug of g2k, but at the begin this could be disturbing ....
a Ezlandclass way exist too ,but I 've not understand how it works.....
After there are some different way or choice to built the scenery ,from where do you want to start ,a real map where the mesh 'll fit well ,but more work,Baleares for ex , or a fs9map (not accurate),the Sander's autocoast way,that cover a large scale , or a cfs2(not accurate also)as Truk to keep the existing airfield .
The three could be available,this depend of the sceneries to built.....
I don't know better place than the Sander site talking about this subject

you can also stud the John Cillis's landclass assistant

"Landclass Assistant Version 1.4.
Allows for modification of default
FS2002/FS2004 Landclasses, and
includes utility for creation
and updates of .raw bitmap files."

from http://www.scenery.org

,this seems work with cfs2 ,depend of the LC WC values entered.there is a method with the sdk and a batfile to make a bgl.
when g2k generate the raw and inf file but don't the bgl,I use his batfile to generate it .

If all of these can help you

JP :rapture:

Pen32Win
January 5th, 2009, 12:33
Thanks Jean;

And I have been helping myself, I've been reading the instructions of 2 of the three majors you listed, G2K and EZ-Landclass and have printed out Sanders Tutorial. Just a lot of stuff to digest all at once. That's why my head hurts, from reading so much. LOL

To start out with I just want to fill back in the Big Brown Blobs, aka the Stock airfields, in locations I've been working or have my sights set on.
Wewak, PM, Cape Gloucester, Hollandia to start.

Shadow Wolf 07
January 10th, 2009, 13:49
Thanks Pen32Win. I treated myself to a laptop for Xmas and just today got around to loading and testing your scenery. At first I thought there was something wrong. Awar and Tadji seemed a bit barren. then I returned to this thread, took a look at your screenshots here, went back in and took a low, slow fly by and found most of the structures I expected to see were neatly hidden by trees. Excellent job!

BTW, your Awar gob is just close enough to my Awar Bogia (fictional base) that when your GSL is loaded it overwrites my seaplane base and port objects. My airfield on top of the island is still there though. ;)

Thanks again!

Pen32Win
January 10th, 2009, 14:40
Thanks SW;

LOL, well both of those field were very sparse. In fact most of the PNG Northshore field were that way. Outside of a couple of exceptions the IJAAF never build bases to the level the Allies did, not in forward areas anyway. Very Spartan. Hey, it's a jungle out there! LOL

Awar-Hansa North was the first time I've ever hit Four GOB's with one Layout! If you have a Layout file of your Seaplane base you can always add it. Find the GOB number it (your seaplane base) sits in. Then in GSLEdit go to that same GOB and extract a Layout File of my GSL for that GOB. Open both Layout files with NotePad and add one to the other andsave it. Go back in to GSLEdit and install your new combined Layout.

BINGO, you've got both....:ernae:

Hern07
January 10th, 2009, 16:50
Great job! I am amazed at the quanity and quality of the work some of you guys do All you get in return is the self-knowledge of a job well done and a whole bunch of appreciation from the rest of us. CFS2 RULES! :Banane37:

Shadow Wolf 07
January 10th, 2009, 17:28
"...Awar-Hansa North was the first time I've ever hit Four GOB's with one Layout! If you have a Layout file of your Seaplane base you can always add it. Find the GOB number it (your seaplane base) sits in. Then in GSLEdit go to that same GOB and extract a Layout File of my GSL for that GOB. Open both Layout files with NotePad and add one to the other andsave it. Go back in to GSLEdit and install your new combined Layout..."

Thanks, I'm not thinking well in my "old age". I should have thought of that myself :banghead:

also: " The next set will be a Mother Lode, I'm going to do the PM dromes..... " What is PM?

Pen32Win
January 10th, 2009, 18:01
Thanks SW;

PM = Port Moresby

As In the Airfields:

3 Mile Kila
5 Mile Wards
7 Mile Jackson
12 Mile Berry
14 Mile Schwimmer
17 Mile Durand....

Look at the G2K/EZ-Landclass Victory thread. There are some early beta pictures there of the work I'm doing to reduce the town of PM to a more realistic size and the deletion of the Stock Field. Basically making the area ready to build the new fields on.

MaskRider
January 10th, 2009, 18:09
Beautiful Pen!

Pen32Win
January 10th, 2009, 20:40
Thanks MR!

Coming from the grand master of the airfields that means tons.:ernae:

Tango_Romeo
January 10th, 2009, 22:00
...that's great stuff! You scenery gurus just flat out amaze me! :faint:

Pen32Win
January 10th, 2009, 22:36
Thanks TR;

You guys that create, convert and revamp A/C MDL's do the same to me. I've done some work in GMax but buildings, guns and a few ships are about my limits.

Love the F-104 BTW.... Zoom, Zoom Zoom..... KJ sure could design 'em.

Ettico
January 11th, 2009, 07:59
Hey, Pen, it's good to see your new projects in the PTO starting to come on line.

Keep up the good work.:applause:

gedm
January 11th, 2009, 09:10
Pen, thanks for the But fields. They are a great addition to New Guinea! :kilroy:

Pen32Win
January 11th, 2009, 10:33
Thanks Gents;

The Wewak, But Area was something, like PM and Hollandia that have been missing for too long. So when I got back into CFS2 I decided it was time to try to do something about it.

After I finish the 6 PM fields I'm working on now I have a little list of other I'm going to do.

1. Cape Gloucester - It's about 6.5 Miles off. MS put it near the town of CG but the airfield was way out on the Northern point to the west.

2. Hollandia - The three Hollandia fields are about 8 miles off. They were to the SW behind the Cyclops Mountains, out by the lake. I'll be doing all of them.

3. More North Shore fields. May go back and do Hansa South - Nubia and then there's Madang south of Alexishafen and Saidor which the Allies developed.

4. Kavieng is in dire need of help. This will probaly be my first "Recreate the Land" project as the shore lines LC and WC will have to be fixed.

OK, I'm going to let this thread slide down the slope and clear off the board. I've got a new one for my current PM work started. That's the one I'll keep updated from here on out.