PDA

View Full Version : A fight stability question.

olderndirt
October 30th, 2012, 14:52
First noticed this with the Alabeo 'Waco' and now it's a constant. The aircraft nose hunts a few degrees laterally and, in the landing configuration, tends to bob slightly. These, combined, make final approaches very twitchy. Could this be an FSX problem or is it my three-year old X52 trying to tell me something?

fliger747
October 30th, 2012, 16:40
Try another plane and see what the behavior is. This initially sounds like the CFG/air file might be set to deliver this. Also all realism sliders are to 100%?

Good Luck! T

bstolle
October 31st, 2012, 00:26
First noticed this with the Alabeo 'Waco' and now it's a constant. The aircraft nose hunts a few degrees laterally and, in the landing configuration, tends to bob slightly. These, combined, make final approaches very twitchy. Could this be an FSX problem or is it my three-year old X52 trying to tell me something?

Definitely your equipment as the Waco is IMHO way too stable and unreponsive to be fun to fly. BTW, as there's no landing gear or any flaps to extend, there's no 'landing configuration'.

olderndirt
October 31st, 2012, 09:17
Definitely your equipment as the Waco is IMHO way too stable and unreponsive to be fun to fly. BTW, as there's no landing gear or any flaps to extend, there's no 'landing configuration'.Airline Pilots - any time I pull the power off, I'm in a landing configuration.

bstolle
October 31st, 2012, 10:20
Power off in the Waco? With a L/D ratio of 4 I wouldn't call this 'landing' configuration (even the Space Shuttle did have a L/D ratio of 5) LOL

olderndirt
October 31st, 2012, 16:28
Power off in the Waco? With a L/D ratio of 4 I wouldn't call this 'landing' configuration (even the Space Shuttle did have a L/D ratio of 5) LOLHaving flown my Pacer for twenty plus years, I recognize how brief some power off glides can be.