PDA

View Full Version : Beta testers needed

euroastar350
October 30th, 2012, 06:30
As the title suggest, I need testers please. I am on final with the G7 series Grumman E1B Tracer and I need keen eyes with this one before I release it to the masses.

Need feedback on the model, if anything needs to be changed or adjusted.

There is only one set of textures which came with the FS9 release, but converted to FSX spec.

Check animations to see if everything is working correctly, etc.

The FDE wasn't done by me, so I'm not sure if I have the latest, will have to dig through my folders to see what I have.

Shift+E+1 opens main door
Shift+E+2 extends/retracts antenna and cable below the aircraft

All handles are clickable and animated in VC. Like the S2F3 release, only the black part of the handle is clickable.

Anything that was not present in the FS9 release is not present in the FSX release.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. If all checks out, should have this out in a few days.

Thanks everyone

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uig8zi

skyhawka4m
October 30th, 2012, 07:58
She looks and flys great! Braking seems a bit touchy though.

fliger747
October 30th, 2012, 08:54
ES:

You can get latest FD from either I or Milton should have it. Milton usually does the contact points and I do the rest.

Cheers: Tom

Milton Shupe
October 30th, 2012, 09:12
Tom,

The air file is dated 2/20/12 in my FS9 version, Nov '11 for the FSX version. Would you check th edate on your last FSX version and make it available here if different.

fliger747
October 30th, 2012, 09:20
Wilco

T

fliger747
October 30th, 2012, 10:37
This what I have on my computer for the E-1B

Tom

CG_1976
October 30th, 2012, 15:23
Is the tail wheel always locked on the type? Also who in Fs9 has done paints?

FSX68
October 30th, 2012, 15:42
This what I have on my computer for the E-1B

Tom

Should we be incorporating this FDE in the beta?

Edit: I used this FDE; see my next post below......

FSX68
October 30th, 2012, 16:28
Well, I used that FDE that was offered and I also used a repaint done by Dave Stewart from the last version of Milton's Fudd and it works good. I only had to change the Ui_Type to Jibe
with this new one.

fliger747
October 30th, 2012, 16:35
As this is really a nose dragger, the tailwheel is not really functional except to keep the plane from falling on it kiester under certain circumstances. Normally this occurrence was with wings folded shipboard.

As a note, al of the current paints may not be in my CFG file.

T

FSX68
October 30th, 2012, 16:44
As this is really a nose dragger, the tailwheel is not really functional except to keep the plane from falling on it kiester under certain circumstances. Normally this occurrence was with wings folded shipboard.

As a note, al of the current paints may not be in my CFG file.

T

I had saved the (approved/kosher) repaints from the last redo of the FUDD ergo, my USS Hancock texture.

I guess maybe it's all relative to ones joystick settings as I did not experience the nose dragging as you mentioned in fact, I had a slight nose high attitude and had to push forward
a tad on the stick then, on landing, it bounces (I guess that is all in ones landing skills and not related to any issues with this beta). I did manage to land at Whidby Island NAS and
stuck it for a nice3 point landing without the hop/bounce.

Milton Shupe
October 30th, 2012, 16:58
All the uploaded repaints should work okay. Maybe ES350 will give pointers on how to employ the bump maps etc from his release.

EDIT: When adding FS9 repaints, copy the texture.cfg from the native released textures to the add-on texture folders to point them to the bump and spec maps, glass and prop textures.

Milton Shupe
October 30th, 2012, 17:10
I had saved the (approved/kosher) repaints from the last redo of the FUDD ergo, my USS Hancock texture.

I guess maybe it's all relative to ones joystick settings as I did not experience the nose dragging as you mentioned in fact, I had a slight nose high attitude and had to push forward
a tad on the stick then, on landing, it bounces (I guess that is all in ones landing skills and not related to any issues with this beta). I did manage to land at Whidby Island NAS and
stuck it for a nice3 point landing without the hop/bounce.

You may see the Documentation folder "Ops" text for flight phase recommendations.

Here is an excerpt:

Takeoff Hint (land-based runways) - set flap one notch, give a few notches (1+ degree) of nose up trim; rotate at 85+
Carrier Launches - full flaps, 1+ degree up trim

Landing - Approach at 115 full flaps under power; slow to 90 over the fence decreasing power and speed as you cross; begin a slow flare at +15' and touchdown below 90 kias with light power. With low weight, you can touchdown around 80kias.

If you do not have pedals or prefer not to have castoring nose gear, you can always change contact point 0 as documented in the aircraft cfg.

Milton Shupe
October 30th, 2012, 17:14
She looks and flys great! Braking seems a bit touchy though.

May well be; value looks a bit high but likely for tight ship deck maneuvering. Maybe Tom will take a look at that.

Milton Shupe
October 30th, 2012, 17:16

Duckie has done a bunch of paints, all excellent work and must-haves.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=79620&sort=d

There were other excellent offers as well.

euroastar350
October 30th, 2012, 20:18
Are the gear doors positioned correctly on the E1B? I got a Pm regarding those. I want to double check to see if I need to make adjustments. Uncle Milton, can you hook me up with a read me and any docs you may have for this bird?

lazarus
October 30th, 2012, 23:35

Just a bumper. When they tensioned up the cat, the aircraft would sit back on the bumper to get a bit more AOA. It was also common practice ashore on long runways to hold the stick back on roll out and take advantage of aerodynamic braking to save wear and tear on the brakes. Back in the mid eighties we started taking the bumper wheel, strut, snubber and associated plumbing out of our 'Cats to save weight, replacing the lot with a fixed steel skid/nylon skid pad. Brake changes went up 100%, and as the Firecat was a bit light in the nose empty (with all the mission equipment out ;everything between the aft bulkhead and the cockpit bulkhead is gone) an over enthusiastic application of brakes resulted in a helluva bang when the nose strut unloaded and slammed the tail skid into the tarmacadam, often with varing degrees of structural damage. On a side note, the last Firecat flights were made a few weeks ago with the aircraft destined for museums delivered to Langley and Alberta. Glad I missed it, as I might have done something girlie like cry. Hard to beleive that they figure that that over grown single engine flying cornbinder ( AirCow- slow, lower capacity, ONE engine, flimsy, higher fuel consumption,under powered hot and high.) could replace a F'Cat. Some interesting stats. Number of AT-802/802F write-offs from the first year of Cow operations, 1996 to 2012- 3 aircraft; one AT802 fuel starvation, one AT802 engine failure( so much for that uber-reliable PT6. A single engine only has to fail ONCE) one AT802F scooping with the gear down(SPLAT.BLUGBLUGBLUG!) At the time of the last write off there were 9 in service. Pretty attrocious attrition rate. Number of Firecat write offs in the same period. Zero.

Milton Shupe
October 31st, 2012, 05:25
Are the gear doors positioned correctly on the E1B? I got a Pm regarding those. I want to double check to see if I need to make adjustments. Uncle Milton, can you hook me up with a read me and any docs you may have for this bird?

Will do.

Just a bumper. When they tensioned up the cat, the aircraft would sit back on the bumper to get a bit more AOA. It was also common practice ashore on long runways to hold the stick back on roll out and take advantage of aerodynamic braking to save wear and tear on the brakes. Back in the mid eighties we started taking the bumper wheel, strut, snubber and associated plumbing out of our 'Cats to save weight, replacing the lot with a fixed steel skid/nylon skid pad. Brake changes went up 100%, and as the Firecat was a bit light in the nose empty (with all the mission equipment out ;everything between the aft bulkhead and the cockpit bulkhead is gone) an over enthusiastic application of brakes resulted in a helluva bang when the nose strut unloaded and slammed the tail skid into the tarmacadam, often with varing degrees of structural damage. On a side note, the last Firecat flights were made a few weeks ago with the aircraft destined for museums delivered to Langley and Alberta. Glad I missed it, as I might have done something girlie like cry. Hard to beleive that they figure that that over grown single engine flying cornbinder ( AirCow- slow, lower capacity, ONE engine, flimsy, higher fuel consumption,under powered hot and high.) could replace a F'Cat. Some interesting stats. Number of AT-802/802F write-offs from the first year of Cow operations, 1996 to 2012- 3 aircraft; one AT802 fuel starvation, one AT802 engine failure( so much for that uber-reliable PT6. A single engine only has to fail ONCE) one AT802F scooping with the gear down(SPLAT.BLUGBLUGBLUG!) At the time of the last write off there were 9 in service. Pretty attrocious attrition rate. Number of Firecat write offs in the same period. Zero.

Interesting post Lazarus; thanks

Milton Shupe
October 31st, 2012, 05:46

ES350,

Attached are the original FS9 Release Documents. Please add your FSX Native docs and credits as you did for the S2F-3.

Thanks

Milton Shupe
October 31st, 2012, 05:55

The left gear bay doors do not open all the way thereby showing the gear strut moving through the door and the tire rubbing through the other door.

lazarus
November 2nd, 2012, 13:56
74832Sure not crazy about all the crap sendspace wants to install before you can download the file, but finally got it to DL, though I've killed 6 pop up windows while trying to type this! Will advise, Thanks for all the hard work. BTY I could sit in locked spot for hours and just watch the pilots do their thing. Excellent!

Milton Shupe
November 2nd, 2012, 14:40
74832Sure not crazy about all the crap sendspace wants to install before you can download the file, but finally got it to DL, though I've killed 6 pop up windows while trying to type this! Will advise, Thanks for all the hard work. BTY I could sit in locked spot for hours and just watch the pilots do their thing. Excellent!

If you have the window status bar active at the bottom of the window, when you point at any of the download buttons. you will see the link. Then you click on the link that is the E-1B download.

I agree; the pilots are aweome. We can thank Jan Visser for creating them. Excellent work on Jan's part. :applause: :medals:

FSX68
November 3rd, 2012, 04:44
ES350,

Attached are the original FS9 Release Documents. Please add your FSX Native docs and credits as you did for the S2F-3.

Thanks

Whenever I want to steer this aircraft, I have to apply the brakes ( I get the notice in the lower left screen Differential braking) and the nose wheel will steer. I am unable to get the plane to turn left or right (like other aircraft) when I twist the stick in the direction I want to steer.) Instead of smooth turns like you get in your car, I get short jerky steering.

BTW, is that attachment just for the doc's it has? I noticed that is has bmp files and I didn't think you can mix bmps with the newer DDS files.
Thanks.

:kilroy: