PDA

View Full Version : MCAS Miramar (Mitscher Field) is Available

jdhaenens
October 29th, 2012, 03:04
MCAS Miramar is available at Flightsim dot com.

In 1996, The USMC abandoned the cramped quarters of MCAS ElToro and MCAS Tustin and moved into the newly redesignated MCAS Miramar. The 3rd Marine Air Wing relocated and flew its flag at MCAS Miramar in 1999. Home of many FA-18 atatack squadrons, MCAS Miramar and Mitscher Field have recently undergone changes to support deployment of the V-22 Osprey and will receive one of the first operational squadrons of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. There is a mockup of an LHD flight deck in the southeast corner of the field. Miramar is a pretty big place. I kept to the south side of Boyington, Sidewinder, and Raven roads just to minimize the number of models. There are some very recent changes to the field that I didn't have enough info to model. There's a new Hangar 7 and some tarmac changes. The octagonal fueling area is being removed to make room for more vertical lift equipment.The old runway 10-28 has given way to two vertical landing areas. Enjoy!

Jim

huub vink
October 29th, 2012, 05:09
Looks great, thanks Jim!

Huub

Victory103
October 29th, 2012, 06:07
Outstanding as usual, downloading now. My MAIW USMC Hornets are going to be happy with the new home.

hschuit
October 29th, 2012, 07:21
Jim, thank you for this marvellous scenery :salute: Perfect new home for the MAIW/Nick Black Phantoms, Tomcats and Scooters!

jdhaenens
October 29th, 2012, 08:26
Cool! Looks like you've got an extra tower there that doesn't appear in my scenery. Is that the default one?

Jim

hschuit
October 29th, 2012, 09:39
Cool! Looks like you've got an extra tower there that doesn't appear in my scenery. Is that the default one?

Jim

Hmm.. think I have to delete some older Miramar addon scenery leftovers LOL.

VCN-1
October 29th, 2012, 10:54
Jim

Where do the static FA-18s components reside in FSX?

I know you have a bgl file in the scenery folder but I am not showing any static FA-18s.

Great piece of work.

VCN-1

Roger
October 29th, 2012, 11:08
Great job!:applause:

Ian Warren
October 29th, 2012, 12:57
:salute:Thanks Jim , ... Now just to make sure we don't have an animated 'Tom Cruise Ninja' rolling beside the runway :icon_lol:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

jdhaenens
October 29th, 2012, 13:20
@VCN-1 The FA-18 Objects are in the Vehicle Aircraft FSX library.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Jim

PutPut
October 29th, 2012, 13:43
Seems like a good place to start! Thanks for another beauty, Jim.

Best, Paul :salute::salute:

DaveKDEN
October 29th, 2012, 14:17
Beautiful job - many thanks!

Victory103
October 29th, 2012, 19:48
:salute:Thanks Jim , ... Now just to make sure we don't have an animated 'Tom Cruise Ninja' rolling beside the runway :icon_lol:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

You can actually have that. The MAIW NAS Miramar Top Gun package has Mave on his AI Ninja.

CG_1976
October 29th, 2012, 21:12
Excellent job Jim. Time to horse trade for some Generators for KNOW. We bought the Admirals personal Booze supply to trade with from your KNGP.

Dino Cattaneo
October 30th, 2012, 16:01
Very nice job Jim - it integrates perfectly with Megascenery SoCal, by the way (I've disabled the terreain file)... Mandatory Tower buzzing below (during a test flight of my new Tomcat)!
Thanks a lot!

jdhaenens
October 30th, 2012, 16:25
Looks great, but you're not close enough to the tower.:jump: You've got some of the default stuff showing through, Dino. I know I excluded all that stuff. It may be the interaction between megascenery and this scenery. Try it with KNKX in the top slot.

Best,

Jim

Dino Cattaneo
October 30th, 2012, 17:28
Jim,

You are right - I had not noticed them...double tower, to name one (twice the coffee on the uniforms I guess)...
Miramar is on the top of the scenery list.
Megascenery SoCal seems to rebuild Miramar (probably aligning the default objects to the photoscenery)
I made some experiments and here are my findings:
- Disabling SoCal makes everything work - no default object
- With SoCal enabled, a couple of object show (tower and a couple of hangars)
- There is a KNKX .bgl between the various SoCal scenery files... I've deleted it with no apparent effect.

I am afraid my comment turns to be an incompatibility report...

Anyway, very good scenery!

hschuit
October 30th, 2012, 20:49
I could not find any conflicting scenery that causes the 2nd tower showing so I opened the AFCAD AFX_KNKX.bgl with ADEX and looked at the objects list. I could solve the issue by simply deleting the Airport Object "medium tower4".

idahosurge
October 31st, 2012, 05:38
Jim,

You are right - I had not noticed them...double tower, to name one (twice the coffee on the uniforms I guess)...
Miramar is on the top of the scenery list.
Megascenery SoCal seems to rebuild Miramar (probably aligning the default objects to the photoscenery)
I made some experiments and here are my findings:
- Disabling SoCal makes everything work - no default object
- With SoCal enabled, a couple of object show (tower and a couple of hangars)
- There is a KNKX .bgl between the various SoCal scenery files... I've deleted it with no apparent effect.

I am afraid my comment turns to be an incompatibility report...

Anyway, very good scenery!

Dino, disable FSX-SOCAL-OBJECTS.BGL in the MSX SoCal scenery folder and see if this gets rid of the extra tower.

I had the same problem at KSNA after I installed a freeware addon airport and this was the only thing that got rid of the extra tower while keeping MSX SoCal active.

Keep in mind that if you disable this bgl then you will also be disabling objects at other airports in MSX SoCal. I wanted to get rid of the extra tower at KSNA more than I wanted towers/buildings at other MSX SoCal airports.

VCN-1
October 31st, 2012, 06:55
@VCN-1 The FA-18 Objects are in the Vehicle Aircraft FSX library.

Jim

I hate to be a pain but could you explain this as to where I might find the folder in question.

Your dealing with someone who found "Computers for Dummies" challenging.

Thanks

VCN-1

jdhaenens
October 31st, 2012, 12:42
@ VCN1:

FSX has a set of object libraries that are where a lot of the standard objects are stored to produce a town, or traffic or static displays of about anything. Without looking, there are libraries like autogen.bgl, or airport_objects.bgl, or vehicles_land.bgl, or vehicles_water.bgl, or buildings.bgl, and quite a few more. The FA-18's in the scenery happen to come from the Vehicle_Aircraft.bgl file library. I placed them with placement bgl's called f18sq1 or f18sq2. These placement .bgl's give each F18 a lat and lon position, a heading, an altitude, and a bank and pitch. The placement .bgl in FSX calls out the model by it's friendly name. The object library tells the sim how to draw the unique item (by GUID) and remembers the friendly name so it can be called easily by the placement .bgl. The actual models for the standard objects that are in the object librarys' .bgl's are in the FSX scenery/global files or thereabouts. (I'm at work and can't remember exactly).

In FSX, the guid's and friendly names are properties of the .mdl file itself.

Hope this helps!

I'm looking at a different way to help the socal users. Stay tuned!:kilroy:

Jim

Dino Cattaneo
October 31st, 2012, 13:44
@idahosurge and Jim

Disabled FSX-SOCAL-OBJECTS.BGL in the MSX SoCal scenery folder worked - and may be it is an acceptable fix for users like me, who use Socal and Miramar to jump onto the boat (and back ashore).
As expected all towers/buildings at other MSX Socal airports are disabled.

sepp666
July 14th, 2013, 23:03
Hello, i'm now an proud owner of the NAS Miramar. I also name MegasceneryX S.C. as my own and got the same problems with 2nd tower, hangars and so on.
My question is: Isn't there an other way to get those MSX SC buildings out of NAS Miramar than to disable all Airstation buildings? I plan a flight from Point Mugu to Nas Miramar and it would be great to have all visible. Maybe there is an developer of MSX SC that could help us with a new FSX-SOCAL-OBJECTS.BGL that comes without KNKX buildings or something other that would fix the problem.

Best, Sepp

Ups sorry i have posted in the wrong thread. I'm talking about the Mile High TOP GUN Scenery: http://secure.simmarket.com/mile-high-sims-knkx-nas-miramar-top-gun-fsx-%28fr_6364%29.phtml
But there is also the same issue with wrong hangars and tower...
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?66593-MILE-HIGH-SIMS-KNKX-NAS-MIRAMAR-TOP-GUN-FSX&highlight=knkx

heywooood
July 15th, 2013, 08:14
Very nice job Jim - it integrates perfectly with Megascenery SoCal, by the way (I've disabled the terreain file)... Mandatory Tower buzzing below (during a test flight of my new Tomcat)!
Thanks a lot!

I've got the number of that truck driving school, Dino - TruckMasters I think its called - think you might need that now...

fxsttcb
July 15th, 2013, 09:48
Shoot...I thought Jim had released another version...:running:...Don