PDA

View Full Version : Update on my Dad

fsxar177
October 28th, 2012, 15:18
Good-folks,

It's been a few months since I reported with an update on my Dad's health.
See: this thread (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?67663-Prayer-Request&highlight=lowell) for the previous post.

http://www.caringbridge.org/tres/images/photos/5/4/7/3/547335/l.EfYoEaPfWUHBibHC.jpg

The photo above, from Labor Day.

My Dad's health has been in a steady level of deterioration. Having caught to cancer far to late for any surgery, or radiation, he has taken the rout of natural medicines. However, I believe the cancer is simply to far spread. As of this last week, the tumor(s) in his head and neck/face, combined with swelling, have made it all but impossible to swallow, and also closed off most eyesight. In this turmoil, he remains in very good cheer, and though his is very weak, and frail, today he is intending on ministering to the elderly, in a nursing home, that my family has visited for some years.

No longer able to work, and now staying at home, he draws his spiritual and emotional strength from the Lord who sustains him. When energy allows, his passion for aviation continues, and he enjoys sharing his many Warbird, and air racing stories with others. He can be found occasionally posting valuable resources on WIX, AAFO, WarbirdAeroPress, and others.

I don't expect him to live through the year, and that is okay. We are confident that God's will for him is best for all, though saddened by the events, my family, and myself, find great comfort in knowing the eternal flight that awaits my dad.

Hopefully I will be able to break away from work, near thanksgiving, and head up North to see him again.

Blessings and thanks to those who have shared the burden in prayer, and good thoughts, for him.

Joseph

Daveroo
October 28th, 2012, 17:08
Joesph,your father is a very strong man,your family seems to be strong as well....i wish your father well in his time left,and i hope he is able to continue his ministries and work with the airplanes as long as possible (wix ect),i hope you all can enjoy him in the now and never forget him in the future,,

Dave

TARPSBird
October 28th, 2012, 19:10
Joseph, your Dad is doing God's will by continuing to share his life experiences with others and live each day with a good attitude in spite of his illness. Best wishes to you and your family and may your Dad have a peaceful journey when the time comes to depart.

fsxar177
October 31st, 2012, 19:20
Thank-you for the kind words fellas!

Joseph