PDA

View Full Version : Runway lights

kwb737
October 27th, 2012, 13:34
Is there a way to turn on or install runway lights to be on night and day?

Fibber
October 27th, 2012, 16:59
There is a way using a airport editor (forget the actual name , airport 2.0?) but it involves having the airport co-ordinates and being able to actually redesign the whole thing. I was trying for some fields with pavement markings and got lost doing it. Never finished doing it because of real life.

P.O.I in the PTO there were few "airport lights" those that were lit were usually oil barrel flame. These were done I believe by Nibbio. Download the file and it does work.

kwb737
October 27th, 2012, 17:45
There is a way using a airport editor (forget the actual name , airport 2.0?) but it involves having the airport co-ordinates and being able to actually redesign the whole thing. I was trying for some fields with pavement markings and got lost doing it. Never finished doing it because of real life.

P.O.I in the PTO there were few "airport lights" those that were lit were usually oil barrel flame. These were done I believe by Nibbio. Download the file and it does work.

Thanks Fib! :)

MaskRider
October 27th, 2012, 17:57

I beg to differ! ;^) All MR runways are lit- but only from dusk til dawn!

It very well may be doable, but, I do not know what Scasm source code would get the runways to be lit 100% of the time. What you would need to do is use BGL-Analyzer to disassemble the airfield.bgl into an airfield_source.sca file. Then recode the runway properties in the airfield_source.sca fileto make it happen. First, of course, you will need to know what to recode it to. Then you would need to re-compile the edited airfield_source.sca file into an airfield.bgl using Scasm. That involves nothing more complicated than dragging and dropping the edited airfield_source.sca onto the Scasm.exe icon.

MR

kwb737
October 27th, 2012, 18:23
I beg to differ! ;^) All MR runways are lit- but only from dusk til dawn!

It very well may be doable, but, I do not know what Scasm source code would get the runways to be lit 100% of the time. What you would need to do is use BGL-Analyzer to disassemble the airfield.bgl into an airfield_source.sca file. Then recode the runway properties in the airfield_source.sca fileto make it happen. First, of course, you will need to know what to recode it to. Then you would need to re-compile the edited airfield_source.sca file into an airfield.bgl using Scasm. That involves nothing more complicated than dragging and dropping the edited airfield_source.sca onto the Scasm.exe icon.

MR
Thank you MaskRider! The process you explained is beyond me. It wasn't really that important to me if it was simple to do. When I'm flying a B-29 raid out of Guam using your Marianas scenery and when I'm coming back in for a landing at night and the two runways side by side are all lit up it just looks great!!

Thanks Again :)

MaskRider
October 27th, 2012, 18:56
Hiya kwb737,

I understand. It does sound a bit daunting. Here is what I was talking about. Once you disassemble the bgl into its scdasm source sode the runway section of the file will look something like this:

; Tinian North Able 9
Area( 5 N15:04:43.0593 E145:38:21.6907 12 )
Runway( N15:04:43.0593 E145:38:21.6907
Altitude 26.52
Heading 91.6
Length 8498
Width 180
ID 9
Surface 66
Markers 0
Lights 1
Threshold 0
ThrLightsN 0
StrobesN 0
ThrOffN 0
ExtN 0
AprLN 0
ThrLightsF 0
StrobesF 0
ThrOffF 0
ExtF 0
AprLF 0
)
EndA

You can see the different runway properties and how they are coded. The editing would be to one of these lines.

Happy to here that you are enjoying those Marianas airfields! :salute:

MR

kwb737
October 27th, 2012, 19:21
Hiya kwb737,

I understand. It does sound a bit daunting. Here is what I was talking about. Once you disassemble the bgl into its scdasm source sode the runway section of the file will look something like this:

You can see the different runway properties and how they are coded. The editing would be to one of these lines.

Happy to here that you are enjoying those Marianas airfields! :salute:

MR

OK I see what you mean now. Starting to make sense to me now. Thank You! Always love learning new stuff! :jump:

Fibber
October 28th, 2012, 09:57
I remember that your fields are lit, but I was referring to the early years on some remote places. When doing some poking for airfields in the past I did find that the B29 sites (Guam, etc) when developed in the later war years had proper lighting and markings. Almost ,according to the writers, like regular airports.
Doing the coding is what really started to throw me because I think I was trying to do too much at once with a limited rig. Maybe I'll give it another whirl for some Korean War fields.

MaskRider
October 28th, 2012, 10:23
I remember that your fields are lit, but I was referring to the early years on some remote places. When doing some poking for airfields in the past I did find that the B29 sites (Guam, etc) when developed in the later war years had proper lighting and markings. Almost ,according to the writers, like regular airports.
Doing the coding is what really started to throw me because I think I was trying to do too much at once with a limited rig. Maybe I'll give it another whirl for some Korean War fields.

Hi Fibber,

I get what you were saying. And of course you are right. I was shamelessly taking advantage of the situation to plug work! ;^)

Cheers,
MR

Fibber
October 29th, 2012, 12:09
You have EVERY right to do the plug, those bases are great!!!!!!:salute: Hope you can align the shores with you bases.