PDA

View Full Version : AI Traffic not working/showing

DaveQ
October 25th, 2012, 02:50
I can't seem to get AI traffic to show up. Road vehicles and boats show but no aircraft or airport vehicles. I don't usually take too much notice so no real idea when it went down or why, but would like to get it working again. Any help would be much appreciated.

DaveQ

Dimus
October 25th, 2012, 03:24
This might sound elementary and obvious but have you checked the traffic sliders are set higher than zero?

delta558
October 25th, 2012, 04:15
There's a tool somewhere to check you haven't got any FS9 traffic files - if you have, they kill ALL aircraft traffic files. Might be worth looking at, especially if you've installed anything with traffic recently?

EDIT: http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

that's the link to AI Flight Planner, which has the tool I mentioned for checking for FS9 traffic files in FSX

expat
October 25th, 2012, 04:18
Two other things I have had kill off my AI that you might try. First, if you have added a Traffic.bgl for FS9 that can wipe out your AI. Second, I recently lost all of mine after letting FS build a new FSX.cfg file. Googling discovered that this can leave out an entry in the [main] section for which there is a path:

"SimObjectPaths.X=SimObjects\Airplanes\AI Airplanes"

If it is not there you need to add this back in. Sorted it out for me.

expat
October 25th, 2012, 05:10
Also, an FS9 Traffic file sometimes can sneak in with new scenery e.g. usually found in the Adddon Scenery/[name of new scenery]/scenery folder.

DaveQ
October 25th, 2012, 08:52
Thanks for the advice but still nothing I'm afraid, even at KLAX! Added the Simobjectpaths line and identified 4 FS9 files but no joy. I'm going to search out all Traffic files and delete the lot into a holding folder and see what happens when I add them back one at a time.

DaveQ

Lionheart
October 25th, 2012, 09:40
When you find it (them) and AI is working again, you can then take your traffic BGL's and put them in a addon scenery 'scenery' folder (new Addon scenery folder of your creation) and then activate it in the sim and that should restore and bypass the issue.

Example: FS/Addon Scenery/my_new_AI_scenery/scenery <--- place scenery BGL's in here

Bill

SeanTK
October 25th, 2012, 14:39
Additionally, there are a few sceneries (a few FSDreamteam products come to mind right now, probably more from other companies as well) that will not display AI on the ground if you have "aircraft shows shadows on ground" (or whatever the real label is) in your display settings.

DaveQ
October 26th, 2012, 08:16
Thanks for all your replies - now sorted. I've done what you've said and it's all working fine except that the ACG Twin Bases AI aircraft are invisible (the banners are there when turned on but the planes don't show), leastways the A-10's are.

Best regards

DaveQ

PS - part of the solution was a total embarrassment:redf:!! I'd forgotten I'd removed all the default aircraft in a clear-out a while ago!!

PHo17
October 27th, 2012, 00:50
Don't mind Dave. We all make mistakes now and then. Once I had changed a default aircraft's name by accident and then wondered why some aliases didn't work. To avoid that to happen in the future I changed all default aircraft folder icons. Now I won't touch them by accident anymore.

Cheers,

Pekka