PDA

View Full Version : Midway Scenery

stuart277
October 22nd, 2012, 23:35
Hi All
I have uploaded the Midway scenery that I have been working on. It is only Otis's sensational midway42 scenery with a few new buildings and bits of infrastructure. I probably should have had the instructions tested first. I think I have covered most of the downloads. I will use it for a few missions that I have been working on. Pretty simple ones, but I don't think they have been covered.
Cheers
Stuart
PS Can anyone open Just_Follow_Me by Enrico, I keep getting a message that 'the mission cannot be found' or something similar:jump:

Jagdflieger
October 23rd, 2012, 08:29
Thanks for the update Stuart!

Otis did a wonderful job with the original iteration of this scenery.

Here are some screen shots of the original Otis scenery for those wondering if they should download your update.

Worthless
October 23rd, 2012, 08:34
Your instructions sure worked for me. It makes the Otis Midway scenery much more user friendly. Now I don't have to mess around turning gobs on and off. The exclusion switch worked like a charm. Pretty work Stuart.

kdriver
October 24th, 2012, 06:06
Well done Stuart - thanks very much. At last the beautiful Midway scenery is complete.

Regarding your instructions, GSL Edit is a great program to have but GSL Man alone will install your scenery without any problem. The stock GOB will be simply overwritten by your new ones.

As for Just Follow Me ..., I have no problem opening it, but surviving that mission is another thing. It's a great mission, but just as it happened historically, the poor old Devastators are devastated.

Kevin

Rami
October 24th, 2012, 13:51
Stuart,

My apologies for not making this a "sticky" for a while now. This is an outstanding development, thank you so much for all of your hard work! :salute:

miamieagle
October 24th, 2012, 14:28
Thank you!:wavey:

burcham8
November 4th, 2012, 02:41
Hello,

Where is the scenery you're talking about? Specifically, where are your instructions?

Marc

stuart277
November 4th, 2012, 17:37
Hi Marc

I think it can be found here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=45&linkid=14867

The instructions are in the pack.
Good Luck
Stuart:jump:

CrisGer
November 4th, 2012, 20:51
wonderful work thanks so much, i have always thought that CFS2 could render realistic pacific atolls with the right touch and love....you have done it thanks

:medals::icon29:

stuart277
November 5th, 2012, 01:14
Hi Grisger
I didn't do it.
Otis did all the scenery work:salute:, it is really good. Xavierb, Lindsay Watts, Pen32win, The B24 Guy, Wolfi, Maskrider and others did all the objects.:salute:
I don't even know how to do that stuff (but I will have a go shortly)
I just made a GSL using their work.
Cheers
Stuart
PS I will have that beer, after The Cup! (Go Kelinni)

CrisGer
November 8th, 2012, 19:03
well congrats and thanks to everyone :) wonderful work..

now can you guys make all the other islands too ?

Bora Bora would look great this way :)

tobob
November 9th, 2012, 07:04
Thanks Stuart77! :salute:

I need a squadron of PBYs to park here now. Any suggestions, the VN one is a little heavy for my needs here.

Are there any missions for Midway?

Also when did Sandy Island get its runways?

Thanks

tobob

sc7500
November 9th, 2012, 07:55
...I need a squadron of PBYs to park here now. Any suggestions, the VN one is a little heavy for my needs here...

The second PHP Iteration had some magnificent scenery, and those that created it included two low-poly PBYs for flavor - a land-based and a 'floater''.

Look for PHP2-3.zip in the SOH archive. If you can't find it, PM me and I'll email it to you.
:wavey:
SC:kilroy: