PDA

View Full Version : FSX | ORBX New Zealand North Island

JerdooFlightX
October 22nd, 2012, 07:56
http://youtu.be/CBJ7aWD0rk0

Ian Warren
October 22nd, 2012, 12:06
YIP thats the North Island or right :icon_lol: , Great video :cool: I guess your next will be across the straight and down into the South Island :wavey:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Whitehawk
October 22nd, 2012, 12:10
Nice video! Reminds me of my formation days lol, AI Formation tool at work?

JerdooFlightX
October 22nd, 2012, 12:24
YIP thats the North Island or right :icon_lol: , Great video :cool: I guess your next will be across the straight and down into the South Island :wavey:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" type="hidden" jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()">

Thanks a lot Ian ... already did the south island a long time ago :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxyYSkdfsS0

JerdooFlightX
October 22nd, 2012, 12:25
Nice video! Reminds me of my formation days lol, AI Formation tool at work?

Thanks Whitehawk ... I used fsrecorder for that and used the same file in order to get the formation :)

ThinkingManNeil
October 22nd, 2012, 12:35
Great vid. I'm eager to get NZNI but it's going to have to wait aas I seem to have buggered up my installation of the South Island pack that I bought from FlightSimShop. All my flight sim stuff is on a dedicated drive (D-drive) on my system and the installation manager for NZSI would only allow me to install the package on my C-drive, so I did that and then tried to manually install all the NZSI files into their appropriate slots in my FSX setup on the D-drive - like I would with any other scenery - but now the gorgeous scenery of the South Island is a dog's breakfast of terrains with no water features. The 10m mesh sure looks nice, tho...

N.

Ian Warren
October 22nd, 2012, 13:23
Thanks a lot Ian ... already did the south island a long time ago :)
Arr! it must have been all those shakin rattlin and roll in ole Christchurch , now called Wobblyville that shook it from my memory :icon_lol: Now you need a combined New Zealand the many addons and photoreal airport areas to really bring it to life .

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Ian Warren
October 22nd, 2012, 13:29
Great vid. I'm eager to get NZNI but it's going to have to wait aas I seem to have buggered up my installation of the South Island pack that I bought from FlightSimShop. All my flight sim stuff is on a dedicated drive (D-drive) on my system and the installation manager for NZSI would only allow me to install the package on my C-drive, so I did that and then tried to manually install all the NZSI files into their appropriate slots in my FSX setup on the D-drive - like I would with any other scenery - but now the gorgeous scenery of the South Island is a dog's breakfast of terrains with no water features. The 10m mesh sure looks nice, tho...

Neil , you should able remove NZSI and restart , simply when it asks for the FSX directory , if it won't find the directory and directs you to the C-drive again , just simple edit the drive to D , from there just follow the instructions and yes to all . :cool: <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

ThinkingManNeil
October 22nd, 2012, 15:54
Neil , you should able remove NZSI and restart , simply when it asks for the FSX directory , if it won't find the directory and directs you to the C-drive again , just simple edit the drive to D , from there just follow the instructions and yes to all . :cool: <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Hi Ian;

Thanks for writing back. I deleted all of the existing NZSI files I could find on both my D-drive (flight sim drive) and C-drive (main system drive). I also deleted the files from the Add On Scenery list in the sim prior to deleting them from the drives. I then installed the original ORBX FTX NZSI disc into my machine and began to run the installer again but it wanted to set up a file on my C-drive and there was no way to tell it to do otherwise. I also opened the file directory on the disc itself and there was nothing there that I could access and edit to tell it that I wanted to install to the D-drive.

N.

Ian Warren
October 22nd, 2012, 19:09
Neil , If you stop in at NZFF , jump on our team Team Speak channel , id be able to talk you through it step by step . :salute:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

ThinkingManNeil
October 23rd, 2012, 18:25
OK, Ian; that would be great. I live in Canada (east of Toronto) so if you have a time in mind that would be good for you just let me know.

N.

Ian Warren
October 24th, 2012, 03:27
Any time is fine , as long as not doing the ZZZZZ :icon_lol: , nah real .. would be able to fix ya up this morning . or afternoon :running:Dang time ! <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">