PDA

View Full Version : Repaints for Stuart Green's Fokker DVII

RobH
October 20th, 2012, 17:58
Have just been uploaded tonight. Once again, these were made by adapting the paint templates from the sim Rise of Flight.

RobH
October 20th, 2012, 17:59

RobH
October 20th, 2012, 18:01
The Albatross paints will be next. I have already started on the Sopwith Camel of David Eckert.

Willy
October 20th, 2012, 20:18
Great! Now to figure out how to get Flight 19 back into the WWI stringbags :icon_lol:

huub vink
October 21st, 2012, 03:27
They look absolutely great!

Thanks,
Huub

RobH
October 21st, 2012, 06:30
Thanks guys, hope you enjoy them.:mixedsmi:

Cazzie
October 21st, 2012, 06:53
It's all open domain, but I think it cheats the efforts of Huub, Mike Wilson, and others, including myself, who spent real time repainting all of these shown using Stuart's excellent Paint Kit. All of these paints are available, I know I did at least half of the one's shown. RobH, it's a fine effort, but don't you think taking templates from Rise of Flight and adapting them to Stuart's textures is a little unfair to those of us, who spent hours doing just one and doing all the work ourselves in lieu of just pasting a template cut-out and pasted onto Stuart's textures. Sorry for being a pooper, but that is just my opinion.

Caz

RobH
October 21st, 2012, 07:09
It's all open domain, but I think it cheats the efforts of Huub, Mike Wilson, and others, including myself, who spent real time repainting all of these shown using Stuart's excellent Paint Kit. All of these paints are available, I know I did at least half of the one's shown. RobH, it's a fine effort, but don't you think taking templates from Rise of Flight and adapting them to Stuart's textures is a little unfair to those of us, who spent hours doing just one and doing all the work ourselves in lieu of just pasting a template cut-out and pasted onto Stuart's textures. Sorry for being a pooper, but that is just my opinion.

Caz

I believe I know quite well the hard work involved in painting. While you say you used Stuarts paint kit, I made my own when I painted his aircraft in CFS2. I have no idea what you or anyone in the past have painted. This is the first time I have ever done anything like this. I have always done my own work. I have seen time and time again, many people sing their praises to Morton for doing the same thing with IL-2 skins. So be it.

I will have Rami remove what I have uploaded, and I will not upload any more.

huub vink
October 21st, 2012, 07:31
Gentlemen, I think there is some mis-understanding here. RobH made repaints of subjects which were perhaps painted before. He however used a completely different paintkit, which he constructed himself from a paintkit created for Rise of Flight. I have played with the same idea, however I abandonded this idea when I saw how much work it would take.

RobH please reconsider the withdrawal of these repaint as I'm convinced many do like them.

Cazzie, the fact somebody has taken a picture from the Eiffel tower before, doesn't mean that nobody should taken another picture.....

Cheers,
Huub

RobH
October 21st, 2012, 07:46
Huub, I appreciate your efforts. I have respect for you and always will, but I will not be called out by the high and mighty around here. I have sent a PM to Rami about removing them, it is in his hands.

Look, I am not going to get into a pissing match with a well respected member here, because we all know who will loose. What is done is done. Time to move on. I will just keep the work to myself and that will be it.

huub vink
October 21st, 2012, 08:49
That's a real pity, I consider this a typical internet incident. I'm convinced it would not have happened when you were talking to each other it just happens because a forum is a written medium.

Huub

Desert Rat
October 21st, 2012, 09:49

Caz

Sorry Caz,

I think your statements are out-of-order. You yourself admit to using someone else's paintkit. Just like Rob has done too, just a different one. Adapting paintkits is almost as much work as making your own, I know, I've tried it.

I've known RobH for years and he has produced a prolific amount of paints for CFS2/FS9/FSX, and uses his own painkits, except in this instance. His work is well respected round here, just in different circles, just as he, himself is a very respected member just like yourself. Again different circles.

Anyone who puts effort in for the good of others has my respect, irrespective of what that effort entails (bar piracy).

Rob, please reconsider, your work is always appreciated round here, just like Cazzies.

Jamie

PS. Rami, please disregard Rob's request, people want these paint's. The same people who have the others repaints too I'd wager.

Rami
October 21st, 2012, 10:01
Good afternoon,

I removed them, but if they get uploaded again, I can approve them again.

Cazzie
October 21st, 2012, 10:48
Sorry Caz,

I think your statements are out-of-order. You yourself admit to using someone else's paintkit. Just like Rob has done too, just a different one. Adapting paintkits is almost as much work as making your own, I know, I've tried it.

I've known RobH for years and he has produced a prolific amount of paints for CFS2/FS9/FSX, and uses his own painkits, except in this instance. His work is well respected round here, just in different circles, just as he, himself is a very respected member just like yourself. Again different circles.

Anyone who puts effort in for the good of others has my respect, irrespective of what that effort entails (bar piracy).

Rob, please reconsider, your work is always appreciated round here, just like Cazzies.

Jamie

PS. Rami, please disregard Rob's request, people want these paint's. The same people who have the others repaints too I'd wager.

Not speaking of the paint kit, I expect RobH used the same. I am speaking of all the artwork done, the markings and such, The lozenge applied right takes a heap of time. All RobH did was use the template textures from RoF and apply them to Stuart's textures, no real artwork required here. I could start a broo-ha-ha, but I won't, I'll just disappear from this thread and others like it. It's not piracy at all, but it is a copy using someone's artwork.

Caz

Navtech
October 21st, 2012, 10:58
I'm in the lucky ones who downloaded the repaints before their removing from the SOH library
Very nice repaints of this particular Fokker :applause::applause:

RobH
October 21st, 2012, 11:04
Not speaking of the paint kit, I expect RobH used the same. I am speaking of all the artwork done, the markings and such, The lozenge applied right takes a heap of time. All RobH did was use the template textures from RoF and apply them to Stuart's textures, no real artwork required here. I could start a broo-ha-ha, but I won't, I'll just disappear from this thread and others like it. It's not piracy at all, but it is a copy using someone's artwork.

Caz

What part of "TEMPLATE" isn't registering???? The only thing I used from ROF was the dirt layers, panel lines, etc., the art work underneath is ALL MINE!!! I spent many hours on each one, creating the 'art work'

Other than this one time, I used their parts for the dirt and such, but I assure you, I HAVE NEVER, EVER, USED SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK FOR THE ART WORK!!!!

You know, I first offered this work in FSX, but like always, it showed little interest. So, I re-install FS9 to try here, and this is what I get for my trouble.

Good day to you sir, I am sorry that I caused all this trouble for you.

Willy
October 21st, 2012, 11:11
Rob, I guess I was one of the few that did manage to download them last night and IMO, they are great paints. I'm sorry that it has come to this and wish I could make things right. Don't let the actions of one speak for the many.

Edited to add: Here at Sim Outhouse we've always tried to be nurturing to folks who want to add to our hobby. There's been a lot of times that I've seen people's work who is just starting out that I really thought had a lot of room for improvement, but kept those thoughts to myself and tried to encourage them so they could learn by their experiences.

Rob's D.VII paints however are top notch however. It's shame that others won't be able to see them in the sim like I have.

SSI01
October 21st, 2012, 11:13
Hear, Hear!!:salute:

huub vink
October 21st, 2012, 11:16
(shortened by Huub)The only thing I used from ROF was the dirt layers, panel lines, etc., the art work underneath is ALL MINE!!! I spent many hours on each one, creating the 'art work'

As I said before, it is all a misunderstanding and this exactly what has been misunderstood.

But, please stop the argument here as this is not going anywhere. In the real world it wouldn't have taken a minute to sort it out. RobH would have explained a bit and Cazzie would have said "Ahh I didn't get that" and the problem would have been out of the world.

Rob, I guess I was one of the few that did manage to download them last night ..........

Willy, you're wrong about that..... :icon_lol:

Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/RobH_fokker_a1.jpg

T Square
October 21st, 2012, 11:21

Caz

Isn't anyone who does a skin based on a "Real Historical" aircraft doing the same thing ? I mean really, I'm not trying to stir up any trouble but, Cazzie reading between the lines of what you are expressing: Mr. Fokker is pissed off because his original art work has been copied by numerous people including RobH, Huub, and I dare say Mr Green. Curses Damn them all ! I mean really aren't we all just coping someone elses artwork somewhere along the way ? Again please I am not trying to start trouble just expressing one Man's point of view.

Desert Rat
October 21st, 2012, 11:23
Misunderstanding or not, it doesn't give anyone the right to belittle someones work, especially in public. Respect has been lost here.

I like to think that people are decent and have manners, and are prepared to apologize when they make mistakes. I'm an idealist though, live and learn I suppose.

Rob, for those unfortunate souls who missed the downloads, can they be made available to order or uploaded elsewhere?

Jamie

RobH
October 21st, 2012, 11:45
Rob, for those unfortunate souls who missed the downloads, can they be made available to order or uploaded elsewhere?

Jamie

I'm not sure yet. Let me cool down for a while, and I will think it about it.

I am sorry for all of this. I don't handle being accused of cheating very well. I guess I should have explained my work in much more detail, but I thought that the word 'template' would have covered that, but I guess not.

huub vink
October 21st, 2012, 11:46
I have a similar request as above, but about the unfinished Albatrosses. The "Blaue Maus" looks very nice as did the grey red one....... well in fact they all look nice :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Huub

Willy
October 21st, 2012, 11:51
I'd even installed Stuart's Albatrosses in anticipation.

Rami
October 21st, 2012, 12:29
Hey guys,

As the SOH librarian, I want to mention a few things here. When it comes to the library, I think I have a pretty good track record following SOH policy, and knowing what should be approved, as well as what should not be.

I know RobH, his reputation, and the quality of his work, as well as numerous other SOH designers and skinners whose work and ethics are unquestioned. If I felt that RobH was crossing some sort of questionable boundary, I would have discussed it with him privately, just as I would afford anyone else a similar level of respect.

For Cazzie and T Square, I respect the hell out of both of you as well, but if you have questions about the viability of someone's work, come to me first, or another admin / staff member so it can be brought to my attention. Accusing someone of ethically questionable work in an open forum, considering the time and effort spent working on it (FOR FREE, I MIGHT ADD) would piss me off, to be perfectly honest with you.

I can't say I blame him for being ticked off and wanting the repaints yanked, though like many of you, I strongly hope that once he cools down he reconsiders his position, because many of his skins hold places of honor (not to mention a few bullet holes) in my CFS2 collection.

Desert Rat
October 21st, 2012, 13:22
I am sorry for all of this.

No apology needed here.

Rami: my mention of the word piracy had no relevance here apart from my supporting of ALL peoples efforts. None involved here fall under that bracket. Unfortunately, people put great effort into cracking/pirating work, nothing here is relevant to that.

Jamie

Rami
October 21st, 2012, 13:25
Rami: my mention of the word piracy had no relevance here apart from my supporting of ALL peoples efforts. None involved here fall under that bracket. Unfortunately, people put great effort into cracking/pirating work, nothing here is relevant to that.

Jamie

Jamie,

I knew that, hence the reason why I did not mention it. :mixedsmi:

RobH
October 21st, 2012, 15:53
Ok folks, everything has been uploaded again. Sorry Rami for the double work. :icon29:

Now that I have calmed down a bunch, I hold no hard feelings for Cazzie. Let's just all move on from here and get back to enjoying our sims.:salute:

Rami
October 21st, 2012, 16:01
Ok folks, everything has been uploaded again. Sorry Rami for the double work.

Brian,

No problem on my end.

But again, guys. As the librarian...I can deal with any issues like this in the future. It's why they trust me with the keys. Just come to me first before ya starting slinging mud at each other :salute:

Navtech
October 21st, 2012, 16:46
Let's just all move on from here and get back to enjoying our sims

:guinness:

Jagdflieger
October 21st, 2012, 19:53
RobH,

Many thanks for these fine skins. I'll use all of them over time.

Very clever of you to mix and match the best of the available resources to portray these historically significant schemes.

Cazzie
October 22nd, 2012, 04:06
Before I head out for a totally busy day, make that week (two HS x-country runs and a half-marathon to work), let me offer my sincere apology to RobH.

Like Huub stated, it was a total misunderstanding on my part. I was thinking RobH was taking the entire template for the planes and pasting them to Stuart's textures. RobH put that straight, which I wish I had understood more in the first post, otherwise my rant would have never occurred.

I am off for the duration of today, have to take my wife's aunt to the cancer center in Winston-Salem, NC.

Caz

Desert Rat
October 22nd, 2012, 05:56
......I hold no hard feelings for Cazzie. Let's just all move on from here and get back to enjoying our sims.:salute:

agreed on ALL counts, no hard feelings here.

I respect anyone man enough to hold their hands up and apologise. I apologise also if I was a bit harsh, in my defence, I felt I had to defend an old friend (even though he's more than capable of that himself).

Cazzie, hope all goes well with your wife's Aunt, I send my best wishes.

:salute:
Jamie

RobH
October 22nd, 2012, 06:04
Cazzie, I extend my best wishes as well for your wife's Aunt. Apology accepted and please accept mine as well.

Take care and good luck with your busy week.:icon29:

Brian

Cazzie
October 22nd, 2012, 13:01
All went well and the old girl got a good report, doesn't have to go back until next year. Thanks Bryan, been a tough week for an old man, I read too fast sometime and do not fully interpret the meaning.

Caz

SSI01
October 22nd, 2012, 13:20
Cazzie - a little OT but I've got to ask - do you live in the western part of VA?