PDA

View Full Version : D18 Creating Wing View

FSX68
October 14th, 2012, 16:08
To anyone out there (esp GMAN 5520),

The new David Carrol D18 BeechCraft has really evolved into a very nice product, I enjoy flying it a lot. It did occur for me to ask if
anyone out there could make a wing view from one of the passenger
windows? Left and right wing views actually. I suspect it would take
a change in the vcockpit script in the panel file or something like that
and an extra bitmap pic to go with it.

Killbilly
October 14th, 2012, 17:24
To anyone out there (esp GMAN 5520),

The new David Carrol D18 BeechCraft has really evolved into a very nice product, I enjoy flying it a lot. It did occur for me to ask if
anyone out there could make a wing view from one of the passenger
windows? Left and right wing views actually. I suspect it would take
a change in the vcockpit script in the panel file or something like that
and an extra bitmap pic to go with it.

As I understand it, this would require an addition to the model itself. You would need the source model files (and permission, of course). I'm no expert, though.

gman5250
October 15th, 2012, 09:46
I highly recommend the EZdok Camera software for enhancing your flying experience if you don't already have it installed. It will take you anywhere in virtual space for great views. Very flexible platform and easy to install/use.

I had not noticed there are no camera views in the David Carroll model. I'll create a few inside and outside views and load them as a mod for the .cfg file.

Do you have any preferred views...i.e. which passenger seat, panel views or switches?

FYI, I haven't forgotten your latest request for the Navy texture...I've been up to my eyeballs in real world projects.

G

FSX68
October 15th, 2012, 13:14
I highly recommend the EZdok Camera software for enhancing your flying experience if you don't already have it installed. It will take you anywhere in virtual space for great views. Very flexible platform and easy to install/use.

I had not noticed there are no camera views in the David Carroll model. I'll create a few inside and outside views and load them as a mod for the .cfg file.

Do you have any preferred views...i.e. which passenger seat, panel views or switches?

FYI, I haven't forgotten your latest request for the Navy texture...I've been up to my eyeballs in real world projects.

G

Hey,
I guess you are up to you elbows in alligators but attached picture I circled in yellow the window view (for both sides) or two windows behind (from that window the flaps and some
ground view is there. On second thought, try that second window back from the one I circled in yellow and see how that works.
Panel views,switches I don't have any preference however, I would like to see where I could turn off the landing llights without pressing Shift 5 ot 6 to get to the light panel in order
to shut off those landing lights. Maybe the light panel could be made to pop up when you cycle through the "A" or "S" keys and get those different panel views. Just a thought.
Some of the Pro DEVS do that with their planes I notice.
I really appreciate this as this is one of my favorite freeware planes to fly in. Hopefully Milton will give you his blessings. :kilroy:

Take care. :wavey:

gman5250
October 15th, 2012, 18:23
I'll make a few...then you will have options.

Milton did give me a personal attaboy and thank you when I first began to post the skins. Always nice to have the approval of the artist.

Milton Shupe
October 16th, 2012, 08:32

Milton did give me a personal attaboy and thank you when I first began to post the skins. Always nice to have the approval of the artist.

We all certainly appreciate David Carroll's native conversion of our D18S with our permissions.

I have no issues with anyone modifying this package as long as all the original credits for our team and David's work stays intact.
I cannot speak for David of course, but the copyrights remain with us regardless.

I say, "go forth and modify", but always leave the original package and credits intact, while adding your own credits.

FSX68
October 16th, 2012, 13:06
We all certainly appreciate David Carroll's native conversion of our D18S with our permissions.

I have no issues with anyone modifying this package as long as all the original credits for our team and David's work stays intact.
I cannot speak for David of course, but the copyrights remain with us regardless.

I say, "go forth and modify", but always leave the original package and credits intact, while adding your own credits.

Wow! Thanks Milton. I know Gman will do you and us all proud. :jump:

FSX68
October 16th, 2012, 13:07

Sounds good. And as always, thanks for your time and talent. :applause:

gman5250
October 16th, 2012, 20:25
I'll be sure to maintain the integrity of the package. I'll have the mods up in a couple of days. Thanks Milton.