PDA

View Full Version : CFS3 Firepower Memphis Belle collisions

Boompus
October 12th, 2012, 15:54
Hello,

How historical are those many friendly collisions in the Memphis Belle missions in CFS3 Firepower?

It seems that those AI B17 pilots need some flying lessons.. :ques: They continue to mess up formations and destroy the Memphis Belle.
Is there a way to minimize the friendly collisions in CFS3 Firepower MB missions?

Pat Pattle
October 12th, 2012, 22:38
Hi Boompus,

It might be that the bombers are too close together. If you can open the mission in the MB look for the 'Spread factor' value and try increasing it. Default is 1.00 so maybe try 1.3 to start with.

If it won't open in the MB try it in Notepad etc. and add the entry in green to the end of the Airformation entries.

<AirFormation ID="6014" Directive="cap" Country="Britain" Skill="3" FormType="echelonright" OffsetScaleFactor="1.3">

BTW In fighter missions you can decrease the value and get a closer formation.

Boompus
October 13th, 2012, 01:54
If it won't open in the MB try it in Notepad etc. and add the entry in green to the end of the Airformation entries.

<AirFormation ID="6014" Directive="cap" Country="Britain" Skill="3" FormType="echelonright" OffsetScaleFactor="1.3">

BTW In fighter missions you can decrease the value and get a closer formation.

Hello Pat,

Thanks.. we'll do. Looking forward to the 25th Belle mission..this year if possible :cool: :salute:

Led Zeppelin
October 13th, 2012, 23:57
For a 4 engine bomber, I use OffsetScaleFactor="2" value. This is what I did for the Memphis Belle missions.

Pat Pattle
October 14th, 2012, 01:20
For a 4 engine bomber, I use OffsetScaleFactor="2" value. This is what I did for the Memphis Belle missions.

Ah, thanks LZ :) I guess that there's something hard coded in the sim that governs when an ai will avoid another aircraft?