PDA

View Full Version : For a MilViz FSX Super Harrier !!!

VaporZ
January 3rd, 2009, 02:16
For a MilViz FSX Super Harrier !

Hey CrazyColin,

Could "MilViz" eventually have a Sub Division for FSX Paywares ?

A MilViz FSX AV-8B Plus woud be fine for a start :
http://www.milviz.com/modeldetail.php?type=1&id=AV-8B

The Global Hawk too :
http://www.milviz.com/modeldetail.php?type=3&id=Globalhawk

Let us know

Sincerly yours,
:wavey:
VaporZ

krazycolin
January 3rd, 2009, 05:09
er.... we are doing a payware... the Corsair, and then, the CH-54/S-64... after that.. who knows. A harrier is not on the books at present though.

KC

Warrant
January 3rd, 2009, 05:32
er.... we are doing a payware... the Corsair, and then, the CH-54/S-64... after that.. who knows. A harrier is not on the books at present though.

KC

How about a SU-30 MKI, That would be great!:jump:

krazycolin
January 3rd, 2009, 06:35
How about a SU-30 MKI, That would be great!:jump:

I would love to as it would be great fun to fly but until we can find a person who can do MFD's and HUDs, we're not going to be doing anything that modern...

KC

Bjoern
January 3rd, 2009, 08:01
*Mumbles "Ta-154"*

michael davies
January 3rd, 2009, 10:19
Didn't Iris hint at a AV-8B or GR7 last year ?, like the Su-30, HUDs and MFDs could be an issue.

Whilst both have a fan base, I doubt either would be commercially viable in these stringent times TBH. I dont think ( generically speaking ) that the market place actually knows what it wants any more, it all seems to be a mish mash of level of detail, systems complexity and subject matter, long gone are the days or veins of gold that were sure fire to successful returns, now more than ever it seems a very hit and miss affair as to what is popular.

Whilst there are often many opinionated views expressed on forums, very few of them actually result in returns that many commercial ventures require these days.

Best

Michael

scoutII
January 3rd, 2009, 10:26
[quote=krazycolin; and then, the CH-54/S-64...

KC[/quote]:jawdrop::jawdrop:

IanP
January 3rd, 2009, 10:27
Iris is dependent on the tool for extracting 3d model files out of FSX .mdl files for them to redo the DSB Harrier II as they no longer have the mesh. David did say it wasn't out of the question, though, yes and that is a pretty good model still, even now.

Given that most of the FS market is in the West, I'm not at all sure a Russian aircraft would be as popular as a Western one either, to be honest.

Ian P.

krazycolin
January 3rd, 2009, 10:29
It's not our intention to make a Harrier at this time, nor is making an Su-30MKI an option... A Ta-154 Moskito... well... we are working on one of those but we'll have to see if it will go into FSX or not...

michael davies
January 3rd, 2009, 10:43
Iris is dependent on the tool for extracting 3d model files out of FSX .mdl files for them to redo the DSB Harrier II as they no longer have the mesh. David did say it wasn't out of the question, though, yes and that is a pretty good model still, even now.

Given that most of the FS market is in the West, I'm not at all sure a Russian aircraft would be as popular as a Western one either, to be honest.

Ian P.

Ahh, yes the good old loss of source files LOL, I have a similar product that could transpose quite well, I still have the source files but the sad fact is that they are in Gmax and not Max, whilst there is nothing wrong with Gmax I've become so used to Max and it extra benifits that going back to Gmax is a trite painfull :). The only way to effectively get from Gmax to Max is via source file conversion, which does retain mapping but looses animation, thats not a great issue, the real issue is the conversion tends to spot weld vertices to a unalterable grid so the mesh comes out slightly distorted and it changes everything to triangles, thats not too much of a problem except the triangles never seem to form the right way and you end up with polys in torsion, the net result is construction of new polys which may or may not loose their mapping.

You can get over the vertice weld issue by scaling up the mesh 10X, converting and then reducing by 10x, but you still end up with a triangulated mesh.

To be brutally honest, its often easier and quicker to start from scratch, I fleshed out the HH-3 in about three days, the Mk3 conversion took about two weeks and is still not an acceptable mesh for todays discerning customer.

So I fully uinderstand those that dont cross platform older models, there is, I suspect also a little bit of, I've already made one of those so it appeals a little less than something new. It takes a certain dedication to keep reworking and improving just a singular model through the sims.

Best

Michael

Bjoern
January 3rd, 2009, 14:12
A Ta-154 Moskito... well... we are working on one of those but we'll have to see if it will go into FSX or not...

Oh wowwowow!
It's really about time someone did the better looking german version of its ugly english name sibling. :d

*Runs and hides from H's wrath* :costumes: