PDA

View Full Version : Problem with skins

rewasiuk
October 10th, 2012, 10:19
I have installed a bunch of skins on various a/c and when I try to fly that a/c with the installed skin, a dialog box appears which says: Failed to startup the flight model. e.g. ALPHA B-24H Hey Moe. Is there anything I can do to correct this? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Daveroo
October 10th, 2012, 18:32
im certinly no expert,but did you make sure you put the new/included .CFG file into the planes folder when you installed the "skin"?..im not real sure what you mean by flight model..

rewasiuk
October 10th, 2012, 18:38
I installed the skins properly and it is strange but some of them function perfectly. But for some strange reason there are several which do have that dialog box which appears when I click on the a/c type.

dandog
October 10th, 2012, 19:47
Do some of the skins need the full original texture folder (and just over write some textures) to make the skin complete? I have seen this many times when downloading new skins. Just a thought.

Dandog

gradyhappyg
October 10th, 2012, 21:07
Sounds to me like your aircraft.cfg isn't pointing to the the proper air file name (section highlighted in red) go down the aircraft.cfg and make
sure all the entries are the same as the airfile name in the folder. Sometimes the airfile gets updated after a skin is published or if the skin was
made for FS9 they will have a different name.

[fltsim.0]
title=A2A Piper Cub
sim=PiperJ3
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=yellow
kb_checklists=A2A_Piper_J3_check
kb_reference=A2A_Piper_J3_ref

rewasiuk
October 11th, 2012, 07:18
Thanks gradyhappyg that idea you had fixed the problem.

gradyhappyg
October 11th, 2012, 20:52
You're welcome.
Glad I could help.