PDA

View Full Version : Afterburner effect

Bill Kestell
January 2nd, 2009, 16:46
I was cruising through some downloads that needed placement in their respective proper folders when I ran across "FLAMAGE" by Jeff Delhayne aka WuhWuzDat. It's a replacement for the Ohka rocket exhaust but I just stuck it onto my Alpha F-84F to see what it might look like.

It is fine from a side view, but almost one dimensional when viewed from above (needs "fattening up"somehow). Also, I don't think the smoke should be there for afterburner effect ... but I think there is at least a starting point for tinkerers.

Biggest drawback is that it's not triggerable.

What I don't know is can this effect be triggered by hitting "SHIFT+A" (which is my afterburner switch?

If not, could a "aerial rocket motor effect" be mounted as a dp weapon in the tailpipe of a fighter equipped with afterburner and then be triggered
by the SHIFT+A keys? (You would have to find a way for the "rocket" to which the effect is attached from flying out the nose of the fighter.):isadizzy:

Hey .... the idle mind syndrome strikes again ... (followed by a maniacal laugh ... hoooohaaahaaahaaahaaa)

Jagdflieger
January 2nd, 2009, 20:06
I wonder if the Greenghoast exhaust gauge that KH uses for his exhaust effects might be used to trigger it at say 90% thrust.