PDA

View Full Version : Large Aviation Rocket Cruiser KIEV in library

lazarus
October 6th, 2012, 02:42

Nice! Thanks Hadi! I feel a OKEAN '12 coming up. So had to hammer out a quick AVMF style skin for the YAK to go with it. Here if'n y'all want it. BRAVOZULU! I like it. 73647

kilo delta
October 6th, 2012, 02:48

Nice! Thanks Hadi! I feel a OKEAN '12 coming up. So had to hammer out a quick AVMF style skin for the YAK to go with it. Here if'n y'all want it. BRAVOZULU! I like it. 73647

Not sure if you spotted Mark Harper's generous offer here...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?33114-Kiev-MiG-25-Kikka&p=750863&viewfull=1#post750863

Hopefully we'll soon see a complete Russian fleet in FSX .:jump:

lazarus
October 6th, 2012, 03:07
I did see that. I might drop him a line. half a gig worth of projects coming to some sort of head shortly. I should deal with that first. Nice to not be grinding polys and just whip out a quickie paint.

hadhart
October 8th, 2012, 00:23

thank you very much for the thread, Lazarus! :salute:.

as i can see, Mark's Kiev Class Carrier is definitely more detailed modelled , and perhap with a higher accuracy :salute::applause::applause:. but well, i have started this one years ago, it would be such a waste of time if i keep it in my harddisk .:jump:
and nice repaint of the Yak-141, to resemble those of Yak38s? thanks for sharing it ;)

FSDSMAN
October 8th, 2012, 09:40
thank you very much for the thread, Lazarus! :salute:.

as i can see, Mark's Kiev Class Carrier is definitely more detailed modelled , and perhap with a higher accuracy :salute::applause::applause:. but well, i have started this one years ago, it would be such a waste of time if i keep it in my harddisk .:jump:
and nice repaint of the Yak-141, to resemble those of Yak38s? thanks for sharing it ;)

Always room for more so publish and be dammed :icon_lol:. I cut down the model detail to make it more usable but realistically there is normally only one carrier in a battle group (unless you are in the USN and god knows how long their budget will allow this) so you could have mega detail and still not impact frame rates on a ship as much as they do on a full modelled airfield - no trees etc :icon_lol: A.I just get in the way and follow no logical rules and take off from the wrong place and land when you are just lining up:isadizzy:

lazarus
October 8th, 2012, 11:17
Both models are really nice, and capture the feel and differences between the ships very nicley. Looking through the Jane's, each one of those ships were completed to a different standard, with the Baku pretty much a separate class of his own, half way to the Kuznetsov. Great stuff
Allways liked your -141, Hadi. Now I've a goad to get painting on it. Cheers!

lazarus
October 9th, 2012, 11:17

Dug around in the files, now that another mystery graphic glitch is resolved. Some YAK-41M paints, quickies for multiplayer sessions, I think. Threw some dirt and scuff on yellow10, but have not had it in sim yet. I'll upload a proper pack one of theese days. Made a few small changes to the config file (included) brakes hold better against thrust for STOVL work, and fuel burn is up a bit so you can go tanks dry in AB if you don't watch it. I have also found adding 2000 lbs to the payload makes a big difference through out the flight envelope and in transition to and from jet born flight.

seawing
October 9th, 2012, 11:23
Not sure about this, but, maybe anybody could convert the KIEV into the INS Vikramaditya, the new Indian carrier?
Look here:
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/indian-navy/97-ins-vikramaditya-adm-gorshkov-aircraft-carrier-125.html

Seawing

FSDSMAN
October 9th, 2012, 12:29
The "Gorsky" was originally the sister ship to the "Kuz" and built in the Ukraine but after the Soviet Union went "Tits up" Russia could no longer afford the completion or pay it debts to the new independant republic. The Vic is a re-built hull of the Kiev Class (but so was the design of the Kuz) but it had improvents scheduled for the Kuz. So India got a crrier at a cut down price (Delayed now for a further 5 years) and they already had an airgroup that could use it. Now the interesting thing is that due to India's expansive defence budget (they have Russian aircraft that the Russians can't afford - SU 30MKI's ETC) that they then put in an order for the upgraded Mig 29M rather that the SU 33 for the carrier aircraft. So as the production of the Mig 29 was financed by a foriegn customer Russia decided to opt for the Mig 29 as a replacement for the SU33 as cost would be cheaper.
Me I would like to purchase a floating hotel for China and then call it an amusement park and then fit it out as a carrier, license build my own SU33'S and suddenly I have a carrier with a potent air wing - something alas that the nation that invented everything that makes a carrier affective - angled flight deck, catapult, arrester gear, landing systems, amoured deck, RADAR, Ski Jump hell even a jet aircraft with one engine that could take off vertically rather that have to carry another engine as dead weight to achieve this and land on a postage stamp - we seem to have lost the plot and will to live.
We will order our take-a-way on a Friday night after drinking Belguim or German beer, have a Indian or Chinese meal delivered, watch a crap program adopted from the US on TV that means you have to phone and vote and spend money to keep your choice of muppet in the program for next week so you can go through the whole process again.
Sorry for the rant - maybe I have lost the plot
Now where is me Vodka - Err - John Smiths

seawing
October 9th, 2012, 20:33
The "Gorsky" was originally the sister ship to the "Kuz" and built in the Ukraine but after the Soviet Union went "Tits up" Russia could no longer afford the completion or pay it debts to the new independant republic. The Vic is a re-built hull of the Kiev Class (but so was the design of the Kuz) but it had improvents scheduled for the Kuz. So India got a crrier at a cut down price (Delayed now for a further 5 years) and they already had an airgroup that could use it. Now the interesting thing is that due to India's expansive defence budget (they have Russian aircraft that the Russians can't afford - SU 30MKI's ETC) that they then put in an order for the upgraded Mig 29M rather that the SU 33 for the carrier aircraft. So as the production of the Mig 29 was financed by a foriegn customer Russia decided to opt for the Mig 29 as a replacement for the SU33 as cost would be cheaper.
Me I would like to purchase a floating hotel for China and then call it an amusement park and then fit it out as a carrier, license build my own SU33'S and suddenly I have a carrier with a potent air wing - something alas that the nation that invented everything that makes a carrier affective - angled flight deck, catapult, arrester gear, landing systems, amoured deck, RADAR, Ski Jump hell even a jet aircraft with one engine that could take off vertically rather that have to carry another engine as dead weight to achieve this and land on a postage stamp - we seem to have lost the plot and will to live.
We will order our take-a-way on a Friday night after drinking Belguim or German beer, have a Indian or Chinese meal delivered, watch a crap program adopted from the US on TV that means you have to phone and vote and spend money to keep your choice of muppet in the program for next week so you can go through the whole process again.
Sorry for the rant - maybe I have lost the plot
Now where is me Vodka - Err - John Smiths

Ah,... means NO? :isadizzy: