PDA

View Full Version : A new "Sky crawler" by Allen!

Rami
October 2nd, 2012, 02:06
Good morning,

Allen has released an interesting, to say the least, new aircraft for CFS2. I was not even aware this was being pursued by Germany at the end of the war, I thought Japan only was working on this. The model is also multi-lod with breaking parts!

Allen, I'm curious: You claim in your description that the aircraft was capable of extreme rolls. Is that in both directions, or did it have the "Camel" effect, in that the rotation of the propeller assisted rolling one way, but inhibited it the other way?

Allen
October 2nd, 2012, 08:59
The Sky Crawlers stated as Japanese book than a anime film and as Wii Game. All of Innocent Aces aircraft see to be based on atlest one real world aircraft. The Sanka is based on the J7W1 Shinden. There is also variations of the Do-335, Marton X/V, P-51D, Yak 9 and Gloster Meteor.

The description is more or less the same as in the Wii game and I don't think it took account of the massive prop. In CFS2 the prop has little to no effect on roll unless your are going from idle to full while in a left turn and please note aircraft torque pull is to starboard (right) when taking off.

Worthless
October 2nd, 2012, 10:06
I'm sort of slow, so bear with me. Is this a German or Japanese AC. As always Alan, I'm going to download it and see how long it takes me to crash it. Thanks again.

Allen
October 2nd, 2012, 10:20
It is a fictional aircraft based around the J7W1 Shinden.

Ian Astill
October 2nd, 2012, 15:14
I think it's fantastic, I'm all for historical accuracy in certain situations but it's very refreshing to have something imaginitive and original to play with

Allen
October 6th, 2012, 16:23
Lautern "Fortune". Not hard to know what rear world aircraft is was based on. I have the exterior and interior, skin and wheels contact points done. Left is LODs, crash contact points, .air, .dp, 2D panel and checklist.

I also need to fix the Sanka. I have a japanese gauge on the VC that should be a U.S guage and see if DXT3 format textures will look better.

Rami
October 7th, 2012, 11:14
Allen,

Would it be a Westland Whirlwind back-a*sswards? :icon_lol:

Allen
October 8th, 2012, 14:59
It dose have a Whirlwind look as well...

Rami
October 8th, 2012, 15:45
Allen,

Oh! Duh...(Smacking head!) A Gloster Meteor. :jump:

Allen
October 8th, 2012, 18:49
Yeah thats it.

For the Fortune I got most of the LODs done. I have to do LOD 10 work on the .air and dp has started. I have to make sure that the .air will work with the AI and that the the .dp boxes and breaking parts are working. The 2D panel and checklist are done. Crash contact points are the only thing I haven't started.

As for the Sanka. It will be ging more than a VC update. I messed up the left rudder texture mapping up badly. I found this out when I went to give it a Crimson Skies paint job.

Allen
October 10th, 2012, 21:09
I hate to double post but...

I updated the Sanka do to bad texture mapping I had done unknowingly and a wrong gauge on the VC panel. I included a skin template as well in the texture folder for any painters. Also I made 2 textues for the Sanka. One Crimson Skies and the other Japanese.

Sanka Mk.A
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=55&linkid=14776

Crimson Skies Texture
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=61&linkid=14810

Japanese Texture
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=60&linkid=14811

The Fortune is almost done. I have to make sure my change to the DP won't cause any CTDs and make the skin template to go with it.

Happy flying and/or crashing!