PDA

View Full Version : IL2 FOR CFS3

garykidman
September 29th, 2012, 10:17
A couple of threads back somebody had put forward asking if there was an IL2 aircraft for cfs3, I had found it in househobbit's Urals package which I had found which was done by stumperjumper, although it looked good it was in complete by his own admission. It would be nice to have one updated for moore Russian campaigns. I know nothing about Gmax so I would not be able to do it myself but I'm sure that there is much talent out there who would especially now that all our houses have been painted and the gardens finished for those long dark evenings of winter.

how about it fellas.

gecko
September 29th, 2012, 11:14
Slightly OT, but just recently one has been made airworthy: http://www.flyingheritage.com/TemplatePlane.aspx?contentId=96 By their calender it should be flying today! Someday I'll have to make the drive and get out there, quite a collection they have. I might be able to arrange to get some reference pics if one is being built.

ndicki
September 30th, 2012, 00:55
If you're not bothered by realism, lack of survivability or a totally ineffectual bomb-load, you could also use our Soviet Fairey Battle as a stand-in to get things started...