PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I just did this!

DauntlessDriver546
January 2nd, 2009, 07:20
:banghead::banghead: :angryfir::angryfir::angryfir: You're not gonna believe this... but I just deleted my D-Ware P-40E and P-36 collections by accident!

I'm not looking to try and get them back... I have no money, and the money I do have is paying tuition and possibly a donation to here... so...

I have Thorson's P-40Bs all ready to go... but I want later P-40 models, because now my -Es are gone forever... whose is best? I'm going back to simviation to look some up...

And are there any P-36s out there? It doesn't really matter 'cause I don't fly them anyways... I get cremated in the cockpit everytime I fly combat LOL! :isadizzy::censored:

olaf1924
January 2nd, 2009, 07:56
Do you still have your password for the p-36 or ask Ickie for a new download.

OBIO
January 2nd, 2009, 08:12
I love the FDG2 P-36. Flies great and when flown well it can tear the dickens out of Japanese planes. You just have to know how to use the plane.

Hope you can recover the planes somehow.

OBIO

gedm
January 2nd, 2009, 09:13
:banghead::banghead: :angryfir::angryfir::angryfir: You're not gonna believe this... but I just deleted my D-Ware P-40E and P-36 collections by accident!

I'm not looking to try and get them back... I have no money, and the money I do have is paying tuition and possibly a donation to here... so.. :isadizzy::censored:

Hey Daunt, Do as olaf suggests or if you are goin to donate anyway might as well redonate for the donationware planes...

I did some thing similar recently.. I was going to re-install one of the donationware birds but couldnt get the pass word to work so I just donated the price of the plane again and repurchased it and found that it had the same password but I goofed when I copied it the first time.

Cheers

Ed

Devildog73
January 3rd, 2009, 12:41
km_P-40s are fine flying ships. More accurate than Thorson's, who have the rep of being too hot to be real. I did the entire first part of Tuskegee Airmen with km's because they look nice, fly nice and are built well.

I am not dissing on Thorson's, I just prefer km's.

safn1949
January 3rd, 2009, 17:03
On the other hand have you tried a undelete program to recover the files? Of course if you have done a bunch since then your chances drop as more data is written to the hard drive.

DauntlessDriver546
January 3rd, 2009, 17:53
Hey guys,

I got them back, thank goodness!

OBIO, I spent a LOT of time in the P-36 the other day, and you're right... :kiss:....:whistle:From an aerodynamic perspective, it's a total :censored: to take off, but in the air it's an :engel016:.

I still hold one thing against it... the firepower is just horrid. Two guns and that is it! :a1451: I have to make every single bullet count... but hey, it works, and all in all, it's a very nice plane...

I have my new favorite emoticon now... :Banane36:... thanks Ickie!

OBIO
January 3rd, 2009, 19:28
DD

Glad you got your planes back. Ickie comes through for us again.....for the millionth billionth time. Thanks Ickie.

The FDG2 P-36 is a sweet plane. Very well modeled and, according to all the pilot accounts I have read on the plane, flies very very close to the real thing. On the ground, the P-36 was a sweaty pig, take offs were brutal, landing as well. But once the plane was in the air and in its element, it was a pilot's dream.

The firepower on the P-36 was on par with other fighters of its era....remember by the time the US got into WW2, the P-36 was outdated...but was still the most widely available fighter in US inventory.

OBIO