PDA

View Full Version : Flight Replicas P-40N WIP screenshot

mike_cyul
September 27th, 2012, 16:58
Just thought I'd post a screenshot of the P-40N cockpit, as work progresses. Still items missing, still a work in progress, but it's getting there! Once all is finished here, then I can start doing the exterior....

Bernt has completed the airfiles, and the P-40 flies...well..exactly like a P-40! A lot of fun to fly, but watch those stalls. :)

Mike

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/FR_P-40N/P-40N_panel.jpg

mikew
September 27th, 2012, 17:13
That looks fantastic! Beautiful work... Great to have the "N" coming to life.

Mike

Sundog
September 27th, 2012, 17:37
Oh, yeah. I had forgotten you were working on this. Thanks for the preview, it's definitely on the short list for whenever it's released. :)

Ian Warren
September 27th, 2012, 17:39
This without a dout is going to be a hot potatoe , i feel the need .. the need , well .. we will wait :icon_lol: looking Great Mike :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Naki
September 27th, 2012, 17:44
:applause:

Bomber_12th
September 27th, 2012, 17:59
Already the most accurate and authentic P-40 of any make for flight simulation to-date. She's shaping up marvelously, Mike! I absolutely love the attention to detail.

If you missed them, there are a couple more WIP shots of the VC (a bit older) posted on Mike's website here: http://flight-replicas.com/P-40NFSX.htm

Although not seen in these particular screenshots, detailed items like the P-40 gear and flap handle and associated hardware are reproduced as unlike anyone has done before, and all correct. There is also obviously a lot of focus on making it a P-40N, with no mixing/matching of elements that don't belong.

Lionheart
September 27th, 2012, 20:57
SWEEEEET!!! One of my few, most fave planes of WWII, the P-40!

Brilliant interior work and the exterior mesh work is amazing. Smooth as a 'bambino's boom boom. Nice work Mike!

roger-wilco-66
September 27th, 2012, 22:36
Awesome, looking forward to that!

Cheers,
Mark

brettt777
September 28th, 2012, 07:14
Can't wait! Definitely one of my next buys when it comes available.

MudMarine
September 28th, 2012, 09:55
Mike builds it, I'll buy it!

mike_cyul
September 28th, 2012, 11:21
SWEEEEET!!! One of my few, most fave planes of WWII, the P-40!

Brilliant interior work and the exterior mesh work is amazing. Smooth as a 'bambino's boom boom. Nice work Mike!

"Bambino's Boom Boom" actually sounds like a name they could have painted on the nose. :)

Mike

mike_cyul
September 28th, 2012, 15:02
Just a slightly more up-to-date view, showing just a little bit more plus with more detail on the forward canopy.

Mike

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff311/mike_cyul/FR_P-40N/P40_panel_s.jpg

Ian Warren
September 28th, 2012, 15:37
Crikey Dicks , that was quick , that little bit really gives it the real feel and look :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

mike_cyul
September 28th, 2012, 15:57
It's only quick if you think there was just one day between the first and the second screenshot. ;)

Mike

PRB
September 28th, 2012, 16:21
Spectacular. I have the old A2A P-40B(C?), and this will be such a great addition to the hangar. She's looking amazing. And with Bernt doing the FM, I'm sure she'll "fly right" too. It'll probably be even better than the Boomerang, and that's saying a a lot! Can't wait for this one.

- Paul