PDA

View Full Version : b47e_wgd.zip Help Please

familton
September 26th, 2012, 12:16
I have the B-47E in FSX. I know it was for FS9 but it works about 99% in FSX. I tried to contact Glenn Duncan at the address in the .doc file but it was returned as undeliverable.

I had to swap the two FS98 gauges which was no problem. The panels are GREAT! The doc file says that the bomb bay doors are controlled by the Concorde nose animations. I have setup keystrokes for Concorde Nose & Visor Extend and Retract. The doors do not open. The switch on the bombing panel at the far left bottom of the panel does not open them either.

A fellow simmer has the aircraft also and he can't open/close the bomb bay doors.

How can we get the doors to work? All the other animations work fine. The plane works and flies great in FSX.

Thanks, Bob.

hschuit
September 26th, 2012, 12:51
This is an old FSX bug, you can setup Concorde Nose keys but they will not work. There is a work around - change the .air file Airframe Type to 5943 (= Concorde Type) :

record 1101 - <00h> Airframe type=5943

Unfortunately this has some unwanted side effects, e.g your Vmo (overspeed limit) is fixed at 350 KIAS.

familton
September 26th, 2012, 16:43
This is an old FSX bug, you can setup Concorde Nose keys but they will not work. There is a work around - change the .air file Airframe Type to 5943 (= Concorde Type) :

Unfortunately this has some unwanted side effects, e.g your Vmo (overspeed limit) is fixed at 350 KIAS.
Hi. Thanks. I'll try that. Best regards, Bob.

familton
September 26th, 2012, 19:16

Hi again. Thanks. That solved the problem. Can you please explain where Airframe Type 72 and 5943 come from? How do we know where the Airframe Type is defined? Is there a listing for Airframe Types somewhere? I am just curious in case I ever need to make a change again. Regards, Bob.

hschuit
September 26th, 2012, 22:42
I do not have a list, it is not documented in the FSX SDK. I cannot remember where I found the Concorde Type workaround, maybe the AVSIM or FSDeveloper forum.

familton
September 27th, 2012, 06:38
I do not have a list, it is not documented in the FSX SDK. I cannot remember where I found the Concorde Type workaround, maybe the AVSIM or FSDeveloper forum.

Hi. OK. Thanks. I'd just like to have the list. Regards, Bob.