PDA

View Full Version : Were Do I put The Flight Plans In FS9?

casey jones
September 25th, 2012, 14:05
I have a number of flight plans for some Russian Airport scenery that came
with the packages and I do'nt know where to put them.

Cheers

Casey

Joe P
September 25th, 2012, 15:17
AI flightplans go into SCENERY/WORLD/SCENERY. User flightplans go in DESKTOP/MY DOCUMENTS/FLIGHT SIMULATOR FILES (for WinXP). I'm not sure of the folder names for Vista/Win7.

nigel richards
September 25th, 2012, 21:36
Yes, that is where Microsoft placed the default traffic file.

Like many, I'm continually adding/editing my 'traffic', so choose to keep track of all my traffic files separately in the Addon Scenery folder.

Just create a new Addon Scenery folder, give it a suitable name then activate as you would any new scenery.

modelr
September 26th, 2012, 03:09
Yes, that is where Microsoft placed the default traffic file.

Like many, I'm continually adding/editing my 'traffic', so choose to keep track of all my traffic files separately in the Addon Scenery folder.

Just create a new Addon Scenery folder, give it a suitable name then activate as you would any new scenery.

Which works great until you use one of the "checker" programs, to look for missing aircraft or paints for traffic files. They can't find the traffic files, because they only find them in the default location. ( Mainly ACA2005 and ACA2007)

KellyB
September 26th, 2012, 05:09
AI flightplans go into SCENERY/WORLD/SCENERY. User flightplans go in DESKTOP/MY DOCUMENTS/FLIGHT SIMULATOR FILES (for WinXP). I'm not sure of the folder names for Vista/Win7.

My user flight plans in XP are found in MY DOCUMENTS/FLIGHT SIMULATOR FILES. Not on the desktop, unless you want quick access to them.

Jagdflieger
September 26th, 2012, 08:18
Casey,

Flight Plans or Traffic files?

For Flight Plans and if you have Window 7 (perhaps XP too), you might try:

C:\\Users\*your ID Name*\AppData\Roaming\Midrosoft\FS9

I'm not on my flight sim computer right now so I can't confirm it as the location of the "Flight Plans" folder for me, but I'm pretty sure that's where they are.

You will need to have your computer configured to show "Hidden Files and Folders" to see the folder.

If it isn't already, just go to the search function on your computer (bottom left corner of the tool bar), click on it and type in "Folder Options." You'll get a window like the one below. You can then select "View" > "Show Hidden Files and Folders."

When I get to my flight sim computer later today, I'll confirm my suspicions and see if the above is correct.

Tom Clayton
September 26th, 2012, 14:22
AI traffic plans (compiled bgl's) go in your main scenery\world\scenery folder, or I believe you can also put them in the Addon Scenery\Scenery folder too - any place that globally recognises scenery bgl's should work.

User generated GPS flight plans (*.pln) go into your Flight Plan Files folder. In XP, it's where Joe pointed, and in Vista/7 it's in C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Flight Simulator Files. If you have your "personal" folder on your desktop, just open that and then open the My Documents folder in there.

nigel richards
September 26th, 2012, 21:54
Casey,

Flight Plans or Traffic files?

For Flight Plans and if you have Window 7 (perhaps XP too), you might try:

C:\\Users\*your ID Name*\AppData\Roaming\Midrosoft\FS9

I'm not on my flight sim computer right now so I can't confirm it as the location of the "Flight Plans" folder for me, but I'm pretty sure that's where they are.

You will need to have your computer configured to show "Hidden Files and Folders" to see the folder.

If it isn't already, just go to the search function on your computer (bottom left corner of the tool bar), click on it and type in "Folder Options." You'll get a window like the one below. You can then select "View" > "Show Hidden Files and Folders."

When I get to my flight sim computer later today, I'll confirm my suspicions and see if the above is correct.

Many thanks for the reminder Jagdflieger!

Indeed, AI flightplans have no use within game - traffic Bgl files do; they are the actual traffic.

So if the question therefore refers to flightplans as opposed to traffic file bgls you can store them pretty much anywhere.
For those using a programme such as 'AI Flight Planner' the most sensible place to store flightpans is within the folder provided inside the utility itself.