PDA

View Full Version : Perfect flight A400M Blurries

FSX68
September 22nd, 2012, 07:31
The Perfect flight "Freeware" A4000M (aka C17 with props) is pretty nice however I wonder how and if the blurry signage on the fuselage could be "focused" a little better?

http://www.fs2000.org/index.php/downloads/doc_details/33391-fsx-airbus-a400m

falcon409
September 22nd, 2012, 07:37
Most likely caused by "mips". If you have DXTbmp, you can load the external textures into that program and then save them without mips. Not sure why people use those any more they cause more problems with blurries than they're worth.

gman5250
September 22nd, 2012, 13:30
I've done a high res of the Wilco A-400. NO blurries. I've added real world weathering and gotten away from that soft perfect look that comes with the original. I think these files may be interchangable. I'll check. If so I'll post up the basic gray skin.

FSX68
September 22nd, 2012, 14:04
I've done a high res of the Wilco A-400. NO blurries. I've added real world weathering and gotten away from that soft perfect look that comes with the original. I think these files may be interchangable. I'll check. If so I'll post up the basic gray skin.

That would be awesome!

:jump::jump:

gman5250
September 22nd, 2012, 16:24
That would be awesome!

:jump::jump:

I downloaded the PF A-400. The problem with the blurries is in the basic art file. Verrryyyy poor resolution. It looks like it has been rehashed many times and degraded each time. I'd look for a better skin file to replace the downloaded default file. The Wilco files don't match that model either. I'd suggest the Wilco, but I've been quite disapointed in that one. Poor resolution in the VC and the HUD doesn't work. I can fix the HUD, but if I can't read the panels what's the point. The plane is fun to fly...try getting the bird into Catalina Island...KAVX. I do it for practice, but prefer the CS C-130 for that kind of entertainment. Sorry I couldn't give you a quick fix on the PF Airbus.

FSX68
September 22nd, 2012, 16:57
I downloaded the PF A-400. The problem with the blurries is in the basic art file. Verrryyyy poor resolution. It looks like it has been rehashed many times and degraded each time. I'd look for a better skin file to replace the downloaded default file. The Wilco files don't match that model either. I'd suggest the Wilco, but I've been quite disapointed in that one. Poor resolution in the VC and the HUD doesn't work. I can fix the HUD, but if I can't read the panels what's the point. The plane is fun to fly...try getting the bird into Catalina Island...KAVX. I do it for practice, but prefer the CS C-130 for that kind of entertainment. Sorry I couldn't give you a quick fix on the PF Airbus.

Oh well....thanks anyways.