PDA

View Full Version : Flying the Defiant

gosd
September 21st, 2012, 16:53
Playing around with the hobbitt missions ;CFS3 Defiant PSV Patrol HH 01 and following in ETO era 2.
Can't seem to get the Defiant to stay in a straight line when attacking; in the gunner position, the plane goes faster and above the target making the gunner position impossible to get a hit.
Is there a way to stabilize the flight pattern of the Defiant so that the gunner can do is job??

ndicki
September 21st, 2012, 23:01
Have you tried putting it on autopilot before changing to the gunner's position? I seem to remember that in autopilot, it keeps the attitude you left it in, rather than 'the pilot has control' where it goes off by itself in the wrong direction...

HouseHobbit
September 21st, 2012, 23:47
I have had great success with the auto pilot..
Set the throttle to match the bomber speed and altitude, then set the auto pilot..
Hop in the back and start shooting!
Good Hunting!!

Led Zeppelin
September 22nd, 2012, 06:23
gosd, try the mission pack I've build, the setup has been tuned specifically for the Defiant:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=70&sort=d&page=2&pp=20

gosd
September 22nd, 2012, 07:22
I have had great success with the auto pilot..
Set the throttle to match the bomber speed and altitude, then set the auto pilot..
Hop in the back and start shooting!
Good Hunting!!
Just noticed that the auto pilot feature does not work in my version of ETO.:blind:
Must have made the setup with something other than version 3.1.a.:isadizzy:
Is there a way I can add this feature without doing a complete reload ?:kilroy:

Led Zeppelin
September 25th, 2012, 12:07
Just noticed that the auto pilot feature does not work in my version of ETO.:blind:

what happen exactly when you press the autopilot?

Rami
September 25th, 2012, 12:14
what happen exactly when you press the autopilot?

Led Zeppelin,

"Otto" inflates and takes over. (I'm sorry, I know you were serious, but I can't resist a good joke! :icon_lol:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Ox4cyOxWA

Led Zeppelin
September 26th, 2012, 08:05
:icon_lol: