PDA

View Full Version : A new toy in Windows 7 Pro

Shadow Wolf 07
September 21st, 2012, 11:17
My DAV (Disabled American Veterans) chapter just had a small but (I think) great for CFS2, computer set up to our 72" HDTV as a monitor. :jump: I turned off "user Account Controls" and installed CFS2 today with no problems. Not having a joystick with me I elected onlt to assign it to CFS2 keyboard and checked the video display settings. and I closed the game. I created shortcuts to the MS Games folder and the CFS2 folder for the desktop, along with the MB shortcut.

When I went inside the MS Games folder and then into the CFS2 folder, Intending to create a shortkut to the AIRCRAFT folder, the only contents found there were the desktop shortcuts created earlier... no folders, no nothin! Hmm... I went to Control Panel and checked Folder Options, made a couple of additions and changes and still. no folders visible.

Any suggestions as to where to proceed? My laptop uses Win7 Ultimate, upgraded from an initial Vista box and I cant remember ever runng into this one glitch. I've heard of it here in the SOH forum in the past, but never made a note of the solution. :toilet: The computer at the chapter, where the internal folders are missing, is a solid state HD with a 3.2 GHz AMD X2 260 processor, has 8 Gb RAM, Windows 7 Professional OS and a 1Gb GeForce GT 520 display card. I think CFS2 on a big screen ought to run well with this box. ...but only if I can make my mods!

Thanks...

SW07

Devildog73
September 22nd, 2012, 09:43
SW07,
Run a search of the C: and see where the CFS2.exe and ini files are located.
Sometimes, they are installed in WIN7 in some different folders.
I always manually install mine to the folders I direct it to.
Hope this helps.
DD73

Rami
September 22nd, 2012, 09:57
Devildog,

I also talked with Shadow Wolf last night, asking him to make sure the CFS2 game folders are in the (x86) programs folder.

Shadow Wolf 07
September 22nd, 2012, 11:49
I dropped by the chapter at noon, for about an hour, on my way to a cookout. I found the CFS2 game folder, containing all the right folders and files in the C/Programs (X86)/Microsoft Games folder. The shortcuts I created earlier were, infact in the Program Data folder.

I did some adjustments and made all new shortcuts, then transfered the files/folders I had from my basic archive disk to the MS Games folder for later installation. I put in a few though, such as the PATEX series and Mdledit. The game started normally, as desired, and I went in and made a few of the basic joystick and other flight settings I wanted. I lastly flew a test flight out of Henderson and found that the picture displayed great on the big TV. I forgot to test the frames while I was doing this... I'll test those on Monday.

Thanks guys, your suggestions pointed in the right direction - determining the true location of the game. :salute: