PDA

View Full Version : Missing Colours

artemis53
September 21st, 2012, 03:52
Hi Guys, I'm a noob to flight simming and am slowly getting to grips with it. I just wondered if someone could help me with a query about adding freeware aircraft files. I've downloaded a selection of aircraft that I feel were missing from the original sets but when I load them in FSX the planes are there but non of them have any liveries. I've double checked the installation instructions and followed them correctly but no joy. I would be grateful if someone could help me out.The instructions say to extract the complete file to my main FSX folder which is what I've done and the planes load in the sim but without any colours.
Hope someone can point me in the
right direction!

Roger
September 21st, 2012, 04:10
You probably have Dx10 preview checked which renders Fs9 textures white. I have a payware program (http://www.flightsimtools.com/adconvx/) that fixes this as I now use Dx10 exclusively. However for now if you uncheck Dx10 preview you will have the textures back.

falcon409
September 21st, 2012, 04:11
If the aircraft were installed correctly they should be inside your "SimObjects/Airplanes" folder. From there they should follow this structure. . . .the specific aircraft folder and inside that should be the model, panel, sound, liveries, aircraft.cfg and airfiles. Now, are these airplanes FS9 portovers? (aircraft made for FS9 but flown inside FSX) or are they native FSX aircraft? If they are "portovers", then once you load FSX, be sure that "DirectX10 Preview" is not checked. A lot of FS9 aircraft don't work with that option checked...it causes them to show up as white airplanes (no livery colors) in FSX. If they are native FSX aircraft and you still have no liveries, then chances are they are not installeed correctly but without seeing how or where they are installed it's hard to make any suggestions on what might be the problem.:salute:

artemis53
September 21st, 2012, 06:39
Thanks guys, turned DX10 off and everything is as it should be.